Let's have an ugly tree contest

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
On my morning walk today I couldn't help but cringe as the early sun hit the Maple tree next to my driveway. It made me wonder who else has or knows of a truly ugly tree. This is my entry for an ugly tree contest.

IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! Is this tree dead or alive?:eek:

I think if you have an ugly garden contest, I will win! Hehe!:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Whoa! Is this tree dead or alive?:eek:

I think if you have an ugly garden contest, I will win! Hehe!:LOL:

It is alive. My place is known for two things-my lake and my ugly tree. When I explain where I live I just tell people my house is the one with the ugly tree.

No garden is ugly if it produces food. ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'll have to get a picture for this contest. I think the ugliest trees are those that grow below the power lines, and then the power company comes along and chops them away from the lines. I've seen some odd shaped tress!

Looking forward to seeing entries.
pop.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Here in Texas a lot of trees get "topped." We even had a guy stop by to solicit some tree trimming business, and his business card said "tree topping."

I'll have to get a photo of a topped tree. Ghastly!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! You've got a lake! Do you have fish in your lake? You can start a fishery if you want ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The lake is stocked with bass, bluegills and catfish. I keep it up for the grandkids. They love it when they can go out and catch dinner.

Brilliant! Want to be adopted now! Love the idea of eating fresh fish from rivers.. Lake might be a bit different. What a lovely way to bring up grandchildren!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Silent, when we moved here all we had in our pond were catfish. Interlopers had fished the pond while no one lived here. After we picked up all the trash around the pond we stocked it with bass and perch. A neighbor down the road was overstocked with perch, so he brought a big water tank of perch and tossed them into our pond. Tossing perch is kind of fun!
We now have a few trusted friends who fish our pond, and bless 'em, they clean and filet the fish and share with us.
Alp, there is nothing better than a bass that was swimming around an hour ago, fileted, gently sauteed in butter and parsley and eaten for dinner. Sometimes living here on our farm just makes me want to cry for joy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
That's not ugly @Larisa !!

Everything is relative, @Upsy Daisy ! :)
What do we know about the life of this tree? Look, it grows alone. Other trees do not want to grow near. Who knows the reason? Perhaps it is an outcast among trees.

But love is always in the eyes of the one who looks. Have you ever seen Blobfish? And his mom thinks he's handsome. :cool:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Alp
, there is nothing better than a bass that was swimming around an hour ago, fileted, gently sauteed in butter and parsley and eaten for dinner. Sometimes living here on our farm just makes me want to cry for joy!

That's the kind of life I can only dream of! We caught a tidy eel when we holidayed in Norfolk and it tasted delicious.

Ask a Question