Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Generally I like all trees and it upsets me to fell one but a tree I've never liked is a monkey puzzle tree;

upload_2017-12-2_9-46-50.png

Many people like these monkey puzzle trees but I don't thinking they look ghastly. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Generally I like all trees and it upsets me to fell one but a tree I've never liked is a monkey puzzle tree;

View attachment 30047

Many people like these monkey puzzle trees but I don't thinking they look ghastly. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

That poor tree looks like a very sick Norfolk Island Pine. Definitely a contender. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I don't know if you can call this tree ugly, but it's definitely one of the weirdest trees I've seen; however, I won't say what it reminds me of, because I don't want to introduce the power of suggestion -- I'll leave it totally to your imagination:).

I saw this tree when hiking thru Virginia on the Appalachian Trail (AT) in the summer of 2006.

002-1 (1).JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't know if you can call this tree ugly, but it's definitely one of the weirdest trees I've seen; however, I won't say what it reminds me of, because I don't want to introduce the power of suggestion -- I'll leave it totally to your imagination:).

I saw this tree when hiking thru Virginia on the Appalachian Trail (AT) in the summer of 2006.

View attachment 30056
:eek::X3::giggle::p

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Jeez, looks straight outta a horror movie.

:eek: Now that you mention it, I can almost see a person "trapped" in there!

In the top photo, if the limb going to the back is their leg, the round spot is the navel, and the arm is crossed in front of them. The "shoulder" even looks rounded!!

I'm the bottom photo, the branches both look like arms.

Either way, they were turned into a tree while dancing. :eek:

Ask a Question