Ugly gardens,tacky garden art and garden "fails"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
A really juvenile bachelor pad patio would be a good place for panty planters. Some women might enjoy the humor on their patio. Obviously, there is a market for them. I can imagine far more tacky body parts planters.

Reaction score
I want to reply in quotes on the carved tree but can't figure it out. Can someone walk me through that sometime? What I was trying to say was I don't care for the 'Casper' cartoon look of the tree. I don't always care that much for cutesy. I would prefer it to be a little more natural looking.

Reaction score
Most of these are hilarious but I wouldn't want them in my yard...or somewhere I would have to look at them every day such as my neighbors yard. :LOL:

Reaction score
This moss chair looks kind of cute, but I'm horrified because it's a plaid upholstered chair so there must be all kinds of nasty mold and pathogens lurking in the stuffing of the chair.
This would be a win if it was a solid chair, but it's a fail because someone let nature take over a piece of upholstered furniture so it's probably swarming with disease.

7c383b0a103e79c8bf9b7ef20a487c19.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, I couldn't agree more. This moss chair looks adorable and I love furniture like this, but I wouldn't want to sit on it. I'd be scared of mold. Not to mention nasty creatures that like living in places like this:eek:

How do you feel about this decoration?:p:

TackyHouse2.jpg

Reaction score
I think some decoration can be cute, but some people go way overboard with too much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I agree. Usually, less is better. I think I could have a small fountain or a bird feeder in my garden, it would be enough for me. I don't understand people who buy hundreds of sculptures, gnomes, weird flower pots and other decorative items. It just doesn't look good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
That picture of the carved three! I think that I will dream of that, and those dreams will be nightmares. I always see recycled garden decorations on Pinterest. I wonder why they look so beautiful, but when people actually try them, they fail horribly.

2013-08-28.jpg

Reaction score
ACSAPA, I couldn't agree more. This moss chair looks adorable and I love furniture like this, but I wouldn't want to sit on it. I'd be scared of mold. Not to mention nasty creatures that like living in places like this:eek:

TackyHouse2.jpg
I rather like this, especially if it shows up in a blighted area. Sometimes the 'city ain't so pretty.' In my area the smurfs and other characters would have to be permanently fixed or the wind would take them away. I wouldn't particularly want it in my yard though.

Reaction score
ACSAPA, I couldn't agree more. This chair looks adorable and I love furniture like this, but I wouldn't want to sit on it. I'd be scared of mold. Not to mention nasty creatures that like living in places like this:eek:

TackyHouse2.jpg
There's too much stuff. The eagle and the Disney statues don't match. Maybe if it was just the Smurfs it would look like a collection instead of a yard sale.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Not to my taste (claudine's picture above), but I think it is a good collection and I congratulate the owner,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't like it either:p Those statues are so tacky! I hate garden gnomes more than garden worms;)
They're hideous:

HOMB_Lawn5_0807-614x460.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I don't like it either:p Those statues are so tacky! I hate garden gnomes more than garden worms;)
They're hideous:

HOMB_Lawn5_0807-614x460.jpg

I don't like that collection either, but I don't mind tacky decorations in moderations. I quite like the gnome on the left but I wouldn't want a garden with a whole collection of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't like that collection either, but I don't mind tacky decorations in moderations. I quite like the gnome on the left but I wouldn't want a garden with a whole collection of them.
One or two tacky decorations aren't that bad. Some garden statues look really funny and eccentric. I don't want them in my garden, but I kind of like seeing them in other places. My neighbor has a stone Greek goddess in his yard;)

Reaction score
One or two tacky decorations aren't that bad. Some garden statues look really funny and eccentric. I don't want them in my garden, but I kind of like seeing them in other places. My neighbor has a stone Greek goddess in his yard;)
I like the garden statues of Greek goddesses and angels that Design Toscano sells in their catalog. I don't mind tasteful gray statues because they blend into the garden.

Ask a Question