Ugly gardens,tacky garden art and garden "fails"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The block garden is hideous! Somehow, it reminds me of a mausoleum or something like that, it looks like somebody was buried there:eek:
I would replace the blocks with regular shelves, it would look much prettier. Also, I think that it's not the best idea to keep candles near plants.

Reaction score
These mushrooms are made of old punchbowls and vases, and lights. I think they look kind of tacky by day, but they probably look better lit up at night.

74842e984fbb3df8581c56b93d1e3708.jpg

Call me crazy, but I actually liked this one lol. From here they don't look very tacky, but I'd need to see them in person to really know whether they look tacky or not (for my taste). I think they must look interesting at night :)

Reaction score
I think this block garden is ugly. There must be a better way to display plants.

1f6949a977b1250a42235cf7baf5805e.jpg

Oh my... this reminds me of my uncle's wife for some odd reason! LOL. Ok, this block garden is really hideous and tacky! I'm guessing the person who did this was trying to be artistic, but this was a total failure. I hope they removed it and this isn't still there...!

Reaction score
I have seen those trees around here! I kind of like them though, hehe. We have one tree that looks like a fantasy tree at a local park, and it has a door on it that you can actually go in. It's cute and all, but I have to think of how much it probably hurt the tree, which kind of makes me angry. Anywho though, the tackiest thing I've seen around here is when people plant tons of fake flowers. What is the point?

Reaction score
I have seen those trees around here! I kind of like them though, hehe. We have one tree that looks like a fantasy tree at a local park, and it has a door on it that you can actually go in. It's cute and all, but I have to think of how much it probably hurt the tree, which kind of makes me angry. Anywho though, the tackiest thing I've seen around here is when people plant tons of fake flowers. What is the point?

I hate fake flowers. And fake grass. It just makes me sad, plus it seems to get dusty and full of lint. Ugh.

Reaction score
I guess it may have been inspired by a horror movie, who knows. If yes, I hope that I'll never watch it:p. To me, the creature looks like a giant caterpillar. It's so ugly. To be honest, I would prefer to have a living, real caterpillar in my garden, than this statue.
Does it have a basketball ball in its mouth?

Hahaha, yeah! That's a basketball ball in its mouth :p Interesting piece of moder ''art'', lol. But now that you mention it... yeah, it does look like a giant caterpillar! A very UGLY and scary one. Actually it kinda reminds me of two huge worms me and my sister found in our grandmother's garden... they were huge, and if I recall right (I hope I didn't just imagine that) those two words had a pointy tongue! We had seen two small eggs in that pot some days before. My granma killed them asap!

Reaction score
il_fullxfull.272842970.jpg

Now this is an ugly decoration! I'd not even dare to call it that tho :p Those are supposed to be the remains of a garden gnome that was devoured possibly by a fellow garden gnome who turned into a zombie! Yikes!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland

Now this is an ugly decoration! I'd not even dare to call it that tho :p Those are supposed to be the remains of a garden gnome that was devoured possibly by a fellow garden gnome who turned into a zombie! Yikes!

Yuck, is it even a decoration? To me it looks like a barbaric altar where somebody sacrificed a poor flamingo (or other bird). It's so ugly!:p
As for huge worms, I would be terrified of I found them in my garden, especially if they looked like the caterpillar decoration:eek:

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I actually liked this one lol. From here they don't look very tacky, but I'd need to see them in person to really know whether they look tacky or not (for my taste). I think they must look interesting at night :)
Supposedly they have lights in them so I would imagine that at night the faceted glass looks all twinkly and pretty. I'm on the fence about whether I like them or not.
They're kind of like Liberace mushrooms, if Liberace was into gardening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa

Is that really supposed to be a decoration? It looks more like someone using part of their garden as a rubbish dump.

The one raised hand on its own could be perceived as a gnome which had been buried alive and was reaching out for help. It would make quite an interesting photo, but as a garden ornament, I don't think even that would work.

Reaction score
Yuck, is it even a decoration? To me it looks like a barbaric altar where somebody sacrificed a poor flamingo (or other bird). It's so ugly!:p
As for huge worms, I would be terrified of I found them in my garden, especially if they looked like the caterpillar decoration:eek:

Hahaha, I've found a lot worms in my own garden before, but you gotta remember a lot of those worms will morph into beautiful butterflies :) As for the ''decoration''. It is awful, lol. I think it's a zombie themed thing! A very BAD one!

Reaction score
Supposedly they have lights in them so I would imagine that at night the faceted glass looks all twinkly and pretty. I'm on the fence about whether I like them or not.
They're kind of like Liberace mushrooms, if Liberace was into gardening.

LOL, Liberace mushrooms! I couldn't agree more! I really don't think that decoration looks so bad, specially at night. I wish someone had a picture of what this decoration looks like at night, I'm sure it looks kinda eerie when you see it from far away :p Not sure about a close range. Sometimes pictures are a bit deceiving ;)

Reaction score
Is that really supposed to be a decoration? It looks more like someone using part of their garden as a rubbish dump.

The one raised hand on its own could be perceived as a gnome which had been buried alive and was reaching out for help. It would make quite an interesting photo, but as a garden ornament, I don't think even that would work.

I know, it looks awful! It looks like such a mess, I'm actually surprised all you girls commented this one :D I actually like to decorate my own garden for Halloween. My favorite theme is a mix of zombie gnomes and pumpkins! I might take a picture of that soon ;)

Ask a Question