Ugly gardens,tacky garden art and garden "fails"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Who wants a fake dog?:p This is the ugliest statue I've ever seen.

70208013_8_644x461_figury-ogrodowe-_rev033.jpg

Jewell, the horse in the link that you posted looks pretty interesting!:) It's weird, but nice.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
This is such a funny thread, zombie dwarfs made me laugh:p . I found some pictures of tacky decorations too. Look at this horse, isn't it hideous?:

horse.jpg

I agree that it's ugly, but the artwork on the horse is actually based on the work of a famous 20th century artist - Piet Mondrian. I'm not to keen on the original either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I agree that it's ugly, but the artwork on the horse is actually based on the work of a famous 20th century artist - Piet Mondrian. I'm not to keen on the original either.
I'm ashamed to confess it, but I haven't heard of Piet Mondrian before. I really should learn more about art, especially since my boyfriend is an artist. Anyway, thank you for the information:)
ACSAPA, the decorations really are hideous:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I'm ashamed to confess it, but I haven't heard of Piet Mondrian before

I don't know that much about art either, but I don't know any artists really well. But that one just stuck in my mind, although I did have to look up the artist's name.

I wouldn't want that horse in my garden, but I wouldn't want Piet Mondrian's art hanging on my walls either. I've obviously got bad taste though, because look what his work is worth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gina145, wow, this is a lot of money! I would love to have his painting, so I could sell it:cool:
In general, I'm very interested in art, but I prefer older pieces. Somehow, I don't like anything too modern and unfortunately, I don't know anything about contemporary art.
ACSAPA, this "in case of zombies" sign made me laugh really hard:D

Reaction score
I wonder what the owner's neighbors think of that. I can't imagine having to look at it every time I step outside the front door.

I know, right? I love Christmas too, but I wouldn't want to see a house every day that looks like a Christmas landfill.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Gina145, wow, this is a lot of money! I would love to have his painting, so I could sell it:cool:
In general, I'm very interested in art, but I prefer older pieces. Somehow, I don't like anything too modern and unfortunately, I don't know anything about contemporary art.
ACSAPA, this "in case of zombies" sign made me laugh really hard:D

Oh, I absolutely agree that it would be nice to have one to sell. Every now and then someone seems to find a great work of art for a bargain price, but I don't think I'd recognise one if I saw it.

I also prefer older artworks, though in recent times I'm learning to appreciate some abstract photography. But I just can't see any appeal in Mondrian's art. And even less in something like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Actually, I can't say that I don't like Jackson Pollock. I mean, I wouldn't want to have any of his paintings on my walls, but I find them rather interesting, because there is a space for the imagination in them. For example, I see trees and clouds here:):

pollock.jpg

Ask a Question