Tulips

Reaction score
Tulips don't last all summer, so what are some good perennials to plant along with them so we have flowers all summer?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
There are plenty of possibilities. Personally, I love roses the most. If you take a good care of them, they bloom often, and they always look gorgeous.
As for tulips, it makes me really sad that they don't last all summer:( They're so pretty! I already miss them.

Reaction score
I like geraniums myself. As long as you clip the old blooms off they will bloom all summer.

I like the smell of the foliage as well: it smells just like where I grew up. Unfortunately they are a TENDER perennial, and so where I live they will die during the winter. Zone 5 is too cold for them!

Reaction score
How much space do you have and do you want annuals or perennials? Do you want just one kind of plants or do you want to plant a pretty garden? How much experience do you have with gardening?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tulips don't last all summer, so what are some good perennials to plant along with them so we have flowers all summer?
If you want summer-flowering plants to grow in the same bed, over dormant Spring-flowering bulbs, plant various low-growing summer annuals, such as French Marigolds (Tagetes erecta, Patula forms), Petunia cultivars, Callibrachoa hybrids, trailing forms of Verbena, or Madagascar Periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus cvs.). Of course, these are just a few of many possible choices.

Reaction score
I have daylillys planted with my tulips and daffodils. The bulbs grow first, and I am thinking that as the bulbs die back the daylillys will take over and bloom

Ask a Question