Trouble with broccoli

Reaction score
Is it me, or is broccoli difficult to grow? Granted this is my first garden containing tomatoes, yellow squash, lettuce, cucumber, green beans, and a few spices. Brocoli grew very slow and eventually bugs chomped all the leaves, so they are all gone. Haven't touched my other plants, just the broccoli. Sign

Jed

Reaction score
Depending on your climate Broccoli prefer a mild summer and best to plant late summer early autumn. They are heavy feeders so composting up is a good idea but not to much nitrogen as they have a tendency to bolt. Sulphate of potash is good for flowering and strengthening up the plants.

Reaction score
I've just started growing three broccoli plants, but I'm growing them indoors. They're only about 3 inches tall so far. They seem to be growing pretty quickly. I hope to be able to transplant them to 5-gallon buckets when necessary. But, I want to be able to bring them in at night since there are raccoons around, plus I just want to see if I can grow them mostly indoors.

Using a net sounds like a good solution.

Ask a Question