Today's Pickings

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Some knarly looking carrots this year...just too much rain as many were rotting on the ends.
carrots and squash.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Cor @Chuck I can`t believe how far ahead of us you are. Our tomatoes are only just showing the first flowers.
Well, those tomatoes are an early variety. My Cherokee Purples, Carbons and Valley Cats all have very large tomatoes but are still in the white stage, so it will probably take another 10 days for them to ripen. My midseason tomatoes are still small and will take probably 30 days to ripen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This just goes to show how difficult or even impossible it is for someone from UK to give advice to someone from USA and, of course vice versa. I suppose it is the same inter state there, and is why new members should always say in their introductions just where they are ;)
One hat doesn`t fit everybody.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This just goes to show how difficult or even impossible it is for someone from UK to give advice to someone from USA and, of course vice versa. I suppose it is the same inter state there, and is why new members should always say in their introductions just where they are ;)
One hat doesn`t fit everybody.
What I don't understand is why people don't put where they are in their profile. It should be mandatory, a built in program with an asterisk or required fields or something. It makes no sense. Every other web site has this. Don't people realize that what grows today in Kent probably won't grow in India? We don't want their street address, just an idea of where they are.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've already asked him and he said something about the program wasn't compatible or some such thing. That's what I don't understand. Every other computer program can do it, why not this one?

Ask a Question