Today's Pickings

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Meadowlark sent me some pickings. Huge red potatoes, Huge white and red onions. I think @Chuck was involved, but glad to get shared on some seriously muscular veggies. Here is the
PXL_20210602_011230355.jpg

Cleaned up version as you know how dirty gardeners can be.

PXL_20210602_013302307.jpg

Oh sorry, the hot grill on your tender parts...off soon..!

I could not wait and had a raw taste test. The red onion was perfect, justhot enough to not override the flavor. The white was so sweet, but hot enough to need bread to follow or a good cooking to mellow it out. Fiery white,

PXL_20210602_012117498.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
@Meadowlark sent me some pickings. Huge red potatoes, Huge white and red onions. I think @Chuck was involved, but glad to get shared on some seriously muscular veggies. Here is the View attachment 80901
Cleaned up version as you know how dirty gardeners can be.

View attachment 80902
Oh sorry, the hot grill on your tender parts...off soon..!

I could not wait and had a raw taste test. The red onion was perfect, justhot enough to not override the flavor. The white was so sweet, but hot enough to need bread to follow or a good cooking to mellow it out. Fiery white,

View attachment 80904
Your potatoes have dimples. Pretty potatoes:)

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I could not wait and had a raw taste test.

Excellent review and pictures. I often eat the red potatoes raw also...with just some salt on them.

The rains continue to plague my area of Texas and have especially adversely affected the tomatoes...maybe next year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
We had bough a piece of yam for cooking I noticed a slight projection on top which I sliced and planted it in a pot. This was almost a month ago. We have been having heavy rains these days and I was pleasantly surprised to see the sprout coming to life Shall leave it there for this year. I know the size of the yam will not be big.

DSC01093.JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've already asked him and he said something about the program wasn't compatible or some such thing. That's what I don't understand. Every other computer program can do it, why not this one?
After the last upgrade we can do, so I've made it mandatory now :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
This past week we ate some delicious "weeds"! Another great dandelion salad including a couple flowers, Siberian Miners Lettuce on a smoked salmon burger, and I also mixed in a few leaves of sheep sorrel in a store bought salad! Yum!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I picked sugar peas, lettuce, and squash this morning before the "monsoon" hit. Yesterday the green bean plants dried off enough for me to safely pick beans--three quarts of them! I'll make up a small bag of fresh vegetables and drop them off to a friend who can't garden. He appreciates the veggies, and I appreciate not having to deal with an overabundance!

Ask a Question