Today's Church and Harbour - West Bay

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not much to see of the church so took a few other shots :)

DSCI0001 (2).JPG

DSCI0002 (1).JPG

DSCI0003 (1).JPG

DSCI0004.JPG

DSCI0005.JPG

DSCI0006 (1).JPG

DSCI0007 (1).JPG

DSCI0008 (1).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great photos! That building in the penultimate photo looks like it could do with a lick of paint, mind ;)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great photos! That building in the penultimate photo looks like it could do with a lick of paint, mind ;)

I'll put me card in the door and then get @Beth_B to give me a hand :D

The buildings can look shabby down here due to the yellow lichen which feeds off all the seagul poo on the roofs :rolleyes:

Fortunately its the type that scrapes off easily when you do get up on a roof :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I see the big house has an area on top to wait and watch for the men folk coming back from the sea. Love the photos :) Funny, that church doesn't even appear to have a cross on it...looks more like a firehouse.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I see the big house has an area on top to wait and watch for the men folk coming back from the sea. Love the photos :) Funny, that church doesn't even appear to have a cross on it...looks more like a firehouse.

More likely to use the balcony to watch them filming Broadchurch these days :D

http://www.itv.com/hub/broadchurch/2a1926a0018

I'm probably in one of the new series, camera went by me while they were filming :eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, and the woman folk probably keep in touch with the men folk at sea via phone and email.

Got caught out by that once, got a call from the wife sayin she was running late and could I pick the kids up.

Trouble was, I was on a fishing boat in the middle of the English Channel :rolleyes:

Just flicked thru the 2 new episodes of Broadchurch, i'm not in either of them :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: I don't know why that made me laugh out loud, it did strike me as being really funny. Maybe it IS funny or maybe i am getting daft in my dotage:LOL:

Don't worry you still may be a TV star. I think they film those series many months in advance of airing. I don't know but i think i heard that somewhere. Do they always film in West Bay? Maybe you should try again. Just be careful that they don't confuse you with the perp :eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They filmed it last summer :D

Ask a Question