DSCI0025 (2).JPG
DSCI0027.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Never understood what makes Halloween such a big "holiday" in the US. I heard on the radio today it is almost as popular as Christmas with most people.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs, who on earth stuck a rooster weather vane on top of a crenelated tower? So unbecoming.
That's a lovely old church, and a comforting grave yard. Those grave stones have been around a long time, and undoubtedly will be for a long time to come.
MoonShadows, I don't understand the fascination with Hallowe'en either. Candy, costumes, noise, and pumpkin desecration--I prefer Thanksgiving, when I get to desecrate a turkey!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@zigs
I love your photos!
What's a # 1 picture?

But I would not want to lie in this quiet company, even near the church. Therefore, I want that someday my ashes be dispelled somewhere in a more suitable place. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
But I would not want to lie in this quiet company, even near the church. Therefore, I want that someday my ashes be dispelled somewhere in a more suitable place. :)
I agree @Larisa, ashes in some lovely, meaningful place. We lost our father first, too soon. He loved the sea and directed that his ashes be disbursed in the Pacific Ocean off the southern coast of Oregon. My mother lived on and at 89 we scattered her ashes on land at a beautiful park overlooking the same place where my father's ashes had been scattered some years before. A few years later we met as a small family, 3 generations, at the very place. 2nd generation wished for a large ship to exit the channel and within a few minutes the ship appeared. 3rd generation must have been wishing for something because a snow white horse appeared in the distance, and at a gallop, mane flying, a young man and a woman with flowing blond hair on the back. They stopped and asked if the children would like a ride (one at a time of course). Oh yes they very much would like to ride on the horse. The woman dismounted and we chatted as flying rides were given to each child. I was convinced that both mother and father past were very much with us.:)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
As always, beautiful pictures, zigs! (y)

:ROFLMAO: @Larisa, the possibilities are almost endless!

You can be scattered in the clouds, scattered in space, put in fireworks, made into glass jewelry or vases, made into pencils, put in an hourglass, or ... :eek: tattooed into a loved one!! http://www.us-funerals.com/ash-scattering.html#.WfptEYhrxNB

I have told my sister that if I go before she does, I want to be incorporated into a reef ball and placed in the ocean to help rebuild the reefs. (y)

An Eternal Reef is a designed reef made of environmentally-safe cast concrete that is used to create new marine habitats for fish and other forms of sea life. Eternal Reefs takes the cremated remains or “cremains” of an individual and incorporates them into an environmentally-safe cement mixture designed to create artificial reef formations. The Eternal Reefs are then placed in the permitted ocean location selected by the individual, friend or family member. http://www.eternalreefs.com/the-eternal-reefs-story/what-is-an-eternal-reef/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Beverly
this is a wonderful story! :love: :):)
I really know similar ones.

I have told my sister that if I go before she does, I want to be incorporated into a reef ball and placed in the ocean to help rebuild the reefs. (y)

@MaryMary
I like your plan! (y)
My plan is simple. My sons will have to climb the hill on a windy day and pour out the urn in the wind.
Perhaps I will be with them before I leave. Therefore, I do not want to see sad faces on this day. I want them to smile. :):):)

Ask a Question