Today's Pickings

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
in a little water and sugar, it's a vegetable and lightly boiled cuts the fat of lamb, but the real treat is rhubarb cheesecake, which I seem to have invented a few years back.
Make the cheesecake as usual, simmering down the 1.5" lengths of rhubarb/sugar/water mix so that, when cold, the rhubarb still has some texture and the syrup is nice and thick, & it makes a great topping.

I had noticed that all my favourite cheesecake toppings, blackcurrant/lemon/orange etc, all had a nice balance of sweetness & acidity, so I thought rhubarb might work.
Imv. it certainly does.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the spuds survived the snow in the ground :)
DSC04124.JPG

DSC04123.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good. I was worried they were writing instruments as I have not seen fresh rhubarb in so long I have forgotten what it looks like.

You can use them for semaphore:LOL: Tetters wants to know why you don't grow rhubarb, is it too hot in Birmingham?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You can use them for semaphore:LOL: Tetters wants to know why you don't grow rhubarb, is it too hot in Birmingham?
Yes I think so. I recall wild rhubarb around fairbanks in the moist cool mountainous understory. They were simply huge. Here even our shade exceeds 90f sometimes. It would be more work than owning a citroen.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I think so. I recall wild rhubarb around fairbanks in the moist cool mountainous understory. They were simply huge. Here even our shade exceeds 90f sometimes. It would be more work than owning a citroen.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Rhubarb comes from Siberia region originally so wouldn't like the heat.

The Birmingham here is so cold only mushy peas grow :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Rhubarb comes from Siberia region originally so wouldn't like the heat.

The Birmingham here is so cold only mushy peas grow :D
Not only a growth detail, but without the arid nature of the air no concentration of flavor inside the dermal layers would be the same. Cool Whip only goes so far.

Ask a Question