Today's Pickings

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I probably need to spend more time cleaning than gardening, lol. I mixed my greens today with onions + soy sauce.
104E2A5F-6387-44AC-B90D-8497CA2BAC9A.jpeg

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This looks like an old thread, but I just had to brag too. Here is a picture of the strawberries I picked on April 10th, 2018. This is the second year for the strawberry plants. I am in zone 8 US. I planted them originally in October of 2016. We usually plant them and cover them with a frost cover if we are getting below freezing. I had a short partial row that I experimented with this year. We got down to 9 degrees F this winter, with the whole week below freezing. That is really unusual for us. I did not cover the short partial row, but I did cover the long row. Both are producing the same at this time. I thought strawberries were a whole lot more cold sensitive, but I guess I was wrong.

Attachments

• Strawberries picked 4.10.18.jpg
    Strawberries picked 4.10.18.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 228
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remember those spring onions I got for 5p last year ? :)

View attachment 35615

Wow,good job,how about the yield this year?better?

I have the Lettuce and Basil grow indoor, under with the mars ECO grow light. Before the pics were taken I had to trim the Basil. 1 week under the light, HUGE difference from my normal grow fixture, which was a 120 watt fluorescent. The new light is vastly superior. :p

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 241

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As I was picking snow peas this weekend I couldn't help but wonder why they are the exact same colors as the leaves?? Just about impossible to find them all. They do an excellent job of hiding, but it is worth the effort.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I was picking snow peas this weekend I couldn't help but wonder why they are the exact same colors as the leaves?? Just about impossible to find them all. They do an excellent job of hiding, but it is worth the effort.
May be the snow peas just dont want you to find them,hahaha.

I think this helps them to survive better. Many creatures have the same skin color as the environment,to protect themselves.

Ask a Question