Tilling wet ground for shed base?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have been looking for an answer to my question for a while but no luck. Basically I have a sloped garden and want to put a 10x8 shed at the bottom but the ground needs to be levelled and so I want to till the earth to create a level ground. However due to constant rain the ground is wet. Now I have googled whether it is ok to till wet earth and I get the Google tells me no but it's reasoning is based on seeds not taking and earth compaction which affect plant growth. But neither of these are important to me. I just want to dig up the ground to be able to level it off for a shed base.

So, in short, is it ok to till wet ground for that purpose? Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What is the foundation going to be? Post and beam, concrete slab, pier and beam, gravel, cement blocks??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys. As the ground is on a slope I was going to level as well as possible and then bud a frame and use the Quick Jack Pro system to finalise levelling and raise it off the ground. https://www.shedbase.com/quickjackpro/

So tilling when wet would create issues of sinking over time with this? Or should I avoid tilling altogether to help level the ground?

Ask a Question