The root knot nematode battle continues....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
EVERYTHING has been pulled up and desposed. Research reveals that these demons from Hades do not like environments rich in compost, so I have been burying out kitchen scraps directly into the raised beds. The stakes in the picture maps my progression. This morning started spreading a 2" layer of finished compost on top of prepared soil and used a board to, somewhat, firm up the soil texture. Soon as the temps cool down, will be planting Elbon rye.......The battle plan is set......but flexible.
20190831_092940.jpg

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I'm betting on the Elbon rye. It has worked for me year after year and it will work for you. My seed order for Elbon hasn't come in here yet but I expect it in the next couple of weeks...and then you can hear the screams of terror from those tiny squeaky voices as well as the sighs of relief and applause from the good guys that once again my soils never get solarized ...and never will as long as I'm the caretaker of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Welllll.......tell them to stay RIGHT there........and WE shall see.....
I was pulling some tomato up today, and I put them in with heavy amounts of black kow composted manure. They got planted deep, and below them I had dug a deeper hole and mixed in a cup of epsoma tomato tone. The roots looked great! I had also tilled a pretreatment pretty heavy too but whatever works...Becky said she never expected celebrity to grow that big.

Ask a Question