The air plant?

Reaction score
I saw a plant that was called the "air plant." This plant thrives on air and nothing else. You don't have to actually plant it in anything nor do you have to water it. I didn't know such a thing existed! I told my husband I want him to buy me one for Easter. If nothing else, I should be able to keep an air plant alive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I knew that air plants don't grow in soil, but I had no idea that they don't need to be watered. This is so interesting! Thank you for the information.
Now, I want to have a plant like this too:D

Reaction score
I have a few air plants! They're really cute, especially for making little terrariums. I placed mine in a glass dish from Goodwill with some gravel and seashells, and they look adorable! They really are easy to take care of. You can even order them on Amazon for pretty cheap! I definitely recommend them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
They recommend having them in a high humidity area or soaking them once a week in water. I got a couple of different varieties about a year ago and keep them in the bathroom window with my orchids. I throw them in the bath tub when I get out and it's draining. I soak them the same as my orchids (a couple times a month if I am on top of it). Guess many varieties grow in trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have a few air plants! They're really cute, especially for making little terrariums. I placed mine in a glass dish from Goodwill with some gravel and seashells, and they look adorable! They really are easy to take care of. You can even order them on Amazon for pretty cheap! I definitely recommend them.
Can you take pictures of them?:) I'm sure that your air plants are very pretty, so I'd love to see them:)
I'm happy to hear that it's possible to get them for a reasonable price. I was worried that they may be expensive. After all, they're so exotic and unique!

Reaction score
Here are two of my air plant setups! They aren't too expensive, I believe they are about $3 each here. I've found they stay greener and happier looking if I mist them often and also soak them in water every week or so.

Attachments

• air-plant.JPG
    air-plant.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 457
  • air-plant2.JPG
    air-plant2.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 400
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, they all look really lovely!:D I love the wreath in the second picture, it's very pretty. I like that every air plant has a different color, it makes them look even more interesting.
I must purchase a few air plants, I want them in my room:D

Ask a Question