Adding plants to my room to increase air quality?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

One of the things I've missed most about Denver after moving to Los Angeles is the air. The air in Denver is much cleaner. I'm wondering, is it possible to get noticeably better air in my bedroom with plants? If so, which plants would be best, in terms of cleaning the most air and requiring the lowest amount of maintenance?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Plants do improve air quality, and it's always nice to have indoor plants :) How noticeable it would be... I'm not sure. I've heard that spider plants are good for air purification, and they're pretty easy to find and look after.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I've tried this with spider plants and peace lillys. I think I read somewhere that NASA used peace lilys to experiment with as air purifiers...or something. That being said I tried this in a small room but there was still no noticeable difference. I only had 2 plants though, so it may still be worth a shot with some planning. Looks nice regardless.

Ask a Question