zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like an animal the fur industry should harvest:geek:

they're very difficult to trap, rats hunt by smell & poison bait doesn't give off much scent at -19C. Also the sticky traps go solid so they can walk straight over them without getting stuck.

Reaction score
My mom said that when she was young they had to have an exterminator come and take care of a rat that was the size of a small cocker spaniel. Figured she was exaggerating, but maybe not. That rat no longer had a fear of ..... anything. She grew up in Denver, Colorado.

That must have been a terrible ordeal :eek: and your moms encounter with a rat the size of cocker spaniel, when so young, must have left a lasting impression, bet she has no fear of a normal sized rat :D

Ever heard of Freezer Rats? Rats that live in commercial deep freeze stores, they grow very long fur to keep warm :eek:

Was thinking just the same as Jewell on this one, something for the fur industry.
Would just :love: to have a long haired rat fur coat, not only because it would keep me extra, extra cosy in the winter, but would love seeing the expression on peoples faces, when after they'd been admiring my coat, I told them it was from a freezer rat :D

Reaction score
I haven't heard of freezer rats. I hope I never see one. I don't know how I would react if I actually saw one. I hatw rats.

Reaction score
Woah, that's what I'd call a monster rat!!! That rat is huge and unlike anything I have ever seen in my life! I'm so glad my mom doesn't like over there, otherwise, she could suffer a heart attack!! She's really scared of rats, actually! I guess most people are, but my mom has a phobia. In the last years they have found rats inside the bathroom, we don't know what the problem is! My mom is so afraid whenever she has to go to the bathroom.

Reaction score
My sister has a problem with rats right now but I'm glad it's not rats that big. I would not be visiting if they had rats that big there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Freezer rats??? Ew! @zigs!

@gata montes, I guess you're right, lol. Mace might not cut it, unless you hit it right between the eyes (effect is temporary anyway) but I bet pepper spray in the face would slow it down! More likely you'd have to carry a little pistol to eradicate them altogether.

Reaction score
I showed this picture to my sister and she said that she is glad she doesn't have rats that big. She would move if they had them that big. I would too if I had rats that big around my house.

Reaction score
Freezer rats??? Ew! @zigs!

@gata montes, I guess you're right, lol. Mace might not cut it, unless you hit it right between the eyes (effect is temporary anyway) but I bet pepper spray in the face would slow it down! More likely you'd have to carry a little pistol to eradicate them altogether.

Don't think Id want to be close enough to the face or teeth, of a rat this size, in order to spray it with pepper spray :eek:
in any case, I would probably be in such a state of shock and panic, that I would probably land up fumbling around in my pocket for ages, trying to find the pepper spray, and wouldn't find it in time - before ...................
My best option would be a pistol, not too small and very, very high caliber bullets :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Would you saw a cross in the tip of the bullets?

Reaction score
Would you saw a cross in the tip of the bullets?

Wasn't going to - but now that you mention it, think I should :D

Especially as I would be in a state of shock at the time, and I have heard it said - that bullets with a cross in the tip, good shot or not - always embed themselves in the target aimed at, whatever is in the way :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They explode on contact, leaving a huge exit hole, proper shoot to kill jobbies.

Which made me wonder why Homeland Security needed so many thousands of them recently??

Reaction score
Well that sounds good too - so long as my aim was good :D

But thought, that you were referring to 'The Bullets of Condemnation' used by the Exorcist who mysteriously reappears and disappears without a trace, from time to time :)

I know I speak English, but am not understanding the word 'jobbies' :confused:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Bullets of Condemnation sound good :)

Meaning if you wanted some thing to shoot to kill, they'd be the thing for the job :)

Reaction score
Bullets of Condemnation sound good :)

Meaning if you wanted some thing to shoot to kill, they'd be the thing for the job :)

A short way of saying " that'll do the job " then :)

Think I'll stick with ' The Bullets of Condemnation ' though, as it doesn't matter whether you are a lousy shot or not, once aimed in the right direction, they'll find the target and eradicate it, whatever they have to pass through on their way:D

Finding them could prove to be a bit of a problem though, as I don't think they are widely available.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yup :)

Bit like a heat seeking sledgehammer then :D

Ask a Question