Tackiest garden?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Hummingbird, definitely not tacky--just hilarious! I love your themed flamingos and if I had the talent to make the skeleton and reindeer flamingos, I would. You must have a parade of cars past your house during the holidays!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hummingbird, definitely not tacky--just hilarious! I love your themed flamingos and if I had the talent to make the skeleton and reindeer flamingos, I would. You must have a parade of cars past your house during the holidays!
Aw, thank you. I do. Love getting people and seeing all the kids get excited :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
View attachment 4549 No gnomes or flamingoes, just a cross-toed gargoyle (hey, it's a reproduction from Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris France, so it must be tasteful!). Neighbors think I have a statue of a coyote in our front flower bed. Good thing they can't see the griffin we have in the backyard flower bed.
I like it!:) It's a very unique garden decoration. Not everyone has gargoyles in their flower beds:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I like it!:) It's a very unique garden decoration. Not everyone has gargoyles in their flower beds:)
I guess I'm the exception to the rule also. :rolleyes:
I had four, but apparently someone liked that one better than I. :(
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Did someone steal your gargoyle, Llcenter?:(
The first one looks really scary, it reminds me of a creature from a cartoon that I watched when I was a kid;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Did someone steal your gargoyle, Llcenter?:(
The first one looks really scary, it reminds me of a creature from a cartoon that I watched when I was a kid;)
Yes they did. He only stood about 12 inches tall with folded wings. The sad part is, I had him for more than twenty years. The small one with one missing wing is over thirty five years of age.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes they did. He only stood about 12 inches tall with folded wings. The sad part is, I had him for more than twenty years. The small one with one missing wing is over thirty five years of age.
I'm so sorry to hear it!:( I wonder who stole it. They can't put it in their garden, because you would notice it.
The small gargoyle with one wing is older than me!:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks for posting the pictures. You are truly creative. I love seeing things like this, that are original and clever.

When we lived in Virginia, there was a woman down the street that had this metal art sculpture of a cow - by itself it was pretty tacky, but she decorated it every couple of weeks with a different theme. Some where pretty standard, like in red, white and blue for 4th of July, as Santa or a jack-o-lantern. But she also got creative. She dressed it up in a Girl Scout costume when the GS where out selling cookies, with cap and gown during June, a sombrero for Cinquo de Mayo. It was always fun walking past her house and seeing what concept she was celebrating.

Ask a Question