suuuuuper new to keeping plants, heres my little story (and bad pics)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
bonjour! i literally started this whole journey probably a week ago, and it was kinda an accident. heres the story:

i was eating some sunflower seeds and i wondered if i could plant them. I went ahead and tried and put them in a pot, but im usually super dedicated to things so i began to look up all kinds of sunflower things. I quickly realized the roasted ones i planted would never grow, lol, so i wanted to go get some real seeds and just try it out. i had told my sisters about all this and they surprised me with FIVE new plants. i was super excited but a little overwhelmed lol, they didn't know all of them since they got them from some gardening club at their school or something, but the ones they did know were
jalapenos
lavender
and snapdragons

the other two -
a flower thing that reminds me of celosia, i dont think thats what it is though so ill post it on the plant id thing
and a big bulb plant, my mom said it reminds her of an elephant ear plant

not sure what kind of lavender it is either, ill probably post it on the plant identification thing with my other two. (my jalapenos also look alot different than my friends, so i might post those too.) i was searching all those guys up while i headed to walmart for some sunflower seeds. i got lemon queens and "evening sun mix", idk they looked super pretty though.

so im germinating those seeds right now in a ziplock bag with slighty damp paper towels (i wanted to see them grow!) and yay they're sprouting! it hasn't been that long, im thinking ill plant them this weekend? along with my snapdragons and jalapenos i think? the weather is just starting to get good and i put them all outside yesterday day (except the seeds, they stay in the kitchen and i open the bag for like 30-40 mins a day to prevent mold growth and give them fresh air).

thats basically where i am now, im watering the snapdragons and other flower thing i have twice a week and all my others every three days. keeping the soil damp. when i first got them i watered them with water and plant food mixed. im excited to plant them outside, im worried though because we get like a lot of birds in the backyard so any advice on that or anything else would be appreciated! thanks in advance from me and my tiny little baby garden lol

(I wish i had better pics of my five plants, ill try to get some when i get home today)
Snapchat-1746422445.jpg
Snapchat-216771916.jpg
Snapchat-31481880.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-599248355.jpg
    Snapchat-599248355.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Snapchat-599248355.jpg
    Snapchat-599248355.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Snapchat-216771916.jpg
    Snapchat-216771916.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Snapchat-31481880.jpg
    Snapchat-31481880.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 182
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Welcome! I think it will be fun helping your plants grow! Let is know where you are or what your grow zone is, because as question get firmed up, things like temperature and sunlight hours and so forth become part of the answers for your area! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome! I think it will be fun helping your plants grow! Let is know where you are or what your grow zone is, because as question get firmed up, things like temperature and sunlight hours and so forth become part of the answers for your area! :)
thanks! I think I'm in the middle of Oklahoma if that helps? 7a I think (???)

Last edited:

Ask a Question