Keeping the Basil alive

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I've run into a bit of a problem. I love herbs and have a ton of them in my garden. I use all of my herbs regularly and never have an issue with maintaining them- except my basil. Every basil plant I have ever had, has died. My Japanese basil plant had a good run and lasted several months. It grew to be huge and out of no where, became limp and dead.

I know that basil can be tedious. If I'm not mistaken, it's one of the hardest herbs to grow and maintain.

Does anyone have any tips to keep a basil plant alive and well?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
I've run into a bit of a problem. I love herbs and have a ton of them in my garden. I use all of my herbs regularly and never have an issue with maintaining them- except my basil. Every basil plant I have ever had, has died. My Japanese basil plant had a good run and lasted several months. It grew to be huge and out of no where, became limp and dead.

I know that basil can be tedious. If I'm not mistaken, it's one of the hardest herbs to grow and maintain.

Does anyone have any tips to keep a basil plant alive and well?
No plant lasts forever. Yours probably died of old age. Basil is considered an annual and is IMO the easiest of all herbs to grow. To maintain basil all you have to do is keep it trimmed and keep the soil SLIGHTLY moist and give it a lot of sunshine

Ask a Question