Sunsprite rose

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
From reading threads on this site (new Gardner) I learned how to properly deadhead my roses. At first I wasent doing this and now my two rose bushes are growing very differently.
The first one is sprouting a bunch of new stems where I deadheaded the dead bloom (at the 5 leaf pattern) and I see many new buds in all the new leaves.

The second seems very bushy but no new blooms except on one stems which has over ten buds starting.
Do they look normal and healthy ? They just seem to have so many leaves to me??
Any advice would be appreciated :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Wow, another gorgeous rose in your garden! Your Sunsprite looks fine, and healthy. The only thing I would do is remove some of the center growth--the older canes--to allow more air circulation at the middle of the bush. This is merely a preventive measure against black spot and/or mildew.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
Wow, another gorgeous rose in your garden! Your Sunsprite looks fine, and healthy. The only thing I would do is remove some of the center growth--the older canes--to allow more air circulation at the middle of the bush. This is merely a preventive measure against black spot and/or mildew.
Thanks so much - I'm off to do that now :)

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Omg! Those are lovely. You have me wanting to start a rose garden just about now. I have always been a fan of roses, just can't get enough of the smell. I plant mostly soft plants that grows very fast for the beautification of my front yard. Not sure if certain types of roses would do well in this climate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I've never attempted to grow roses despite them being a favorite flower of mine - my grandma used to grow a beautiful variety of roses and they always looked so lovely! Your plant looks healthy to me - I'm not an expert though in roses apart from admiring them!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That is very pretty. I used to have a yellow rose bush on the side of my house, which produced some beautiful blooms. I thought it was dead, and then it sprang back to life. However, now, since I haven't seen any blooms for the past few years, I am quite sure it is dead. We have some freaky weather here in Virginia. I am gonna blame that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
I love roses because they have the potential of flowering all summer and they smell lovely.
I just don't know much about them and seem to battle diseases then pests.

Ask a Question