Sunflowers

Reaction score
I am just adding my opinion here. Sunflowers are one of the few flowers that I do not like. I have always thought they looked awkward and lanky. I am not sure why, but I have never liked how they look. I don't like to eat the seeds either.

Reaction score
Well not everyone likes sunflowers and I don't have a problem with that because everyone is different. I know some people find them weird, and others find them beautiful. Everyone has different tastes. Nothing wrong with that.

Reaction score
Well not everyone likes sunflowers and I don't have a problem with that because everyone is different. I know some people find them weird, and others find them beautiful. Everyone has different tastes. Nothing wrong with that.
Thanks for understanding. I just felt bad that my opinion was different than everyone else's opinion. Silly, yes, but true! The same thing with mums. Everyone seems to like them in my neighborhood, but I don't. My house is the only one on the block without mums in the yard.

Reaction score
Your welcome and don't worry about what others say about what you have in your yard. As long as you have plants that you are happy with growing in your yard then that's all that matters.

Reaction score
Very true! I am much better growing fruits and vegetables than keeping flowers alive.

Reaction score
I like fruits and vegetables too. I don't have any flowers growing in my yard right now, but I plan on plsnting some soon. I want to add a little color to the front.

Reaction score
Thanks for understanding. I just felt bad that my opinion was different than everyone else's opinion. Silly, yes, but true! The same thing with mums. Everyone seems to like them in my neighborhood, but I don't. My house is the only one on the block without mums in the yard.

I have a few friends who don't like hostas and LOVE hydrangeas. I'm the opposite. But, I say...plant what you like, because you're the one who looks at it each day! Isn't it just wonderful that there are so many choices!!

Reaction score
Sun flowers remind me of a welcoming committee. They are such a beautiful addition to any garden. They almost seem to have a personality of their own.

When I see them, it makes me feel like I need to say something to them, like. "thank you, I am happy to be here."

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
A field of sunflower plants would be a sight to see. I don't care that much for sunflower seeds to eat but I do like the beauty of the plant. I have never gone one on my own.

Reaction score
A field of sunflower plants would be a sight to see. I don't care that much for sunflower seeds to eat but I do like the beauty of the plant. I have never gone one on my own.

I think you are right. That should be an amazing site. One of those camera moments that we can cherish for the rest of our lives.

Now, I want to go and find one.

Reaction score
What I like the most about sunflowers is that they don't seem at all fussy. They grow and replenish themselves while still having plenty of seed to support life all around them. They are what I think of as a "provider flower". The entire plant is edible. Plus, yes, they do look quite happy, don't they? :)

Reaction score
To be honest, I use my cell phone camera:p I keep promising myself that I'll buy a good camera when I have enough money. But whenever I do have money, I always end up buying skirts. I can't resist the temptation, lol;)
I wonder why blue and purple are the hardest to capture.

Hhaahah, tell me about it!!!! I ended up spendng the money I had destined for other things in new clothe, lol!!! So I totally get you!!! Sometimes when you see the clothes there... you just can't resist them, but don't worry! is never too late to buy a new camere ;) I'm stil saving to buy one, as son as I come back ftom the Netherlands ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hhaahah, tell me about it!!!! I ended up spendng the money I had destined for other things in new clothe, lol!!! So I totally get you!!! Sometimes when you see the clothes there... you just can't resist them, but don't worry! is never too late to buy a new camere ;) I'm stil saving to buy one, as son as I come back ftom the Netherlands ;)
I know, I bought a new winter coat yesterday, I couldn't stop myself, it's so pretty!:p I'm completely broke now though. I'm so glad my boyfriend gives me roses. If he didn't, I'd fall into debt, I'm sure of it, I can't resist the temptation when I see a lovely dress or a beautiful plant:) Fortunately, most plants aren't very expensive and from time to time you can get a cutting or a few seeds for free:D

Reaction score
Omg, buying new clothes when I can is one the few few pleasure I've left, lol! I'd love seeing a picture of your coat, I'm sure is gorgeous!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE winter clothes!!! Just today I bought a very tigh winter dress, because I know the netherlands will be cold. Do you like wearing leggings? LOL, to think I used to spend all that cash on plants... but soon enought I'll start doing that again ;)

Ask a Question