Sunflowers

Reaction score
End product doesn't matter. At that moment, the beauty IS the end product!

Well said :) I guess the very same thing was done over here, but I wasn't that sure, since this place is in the open and a lot people passed by. Not sure if this is a common procedure tho. Thanks for the info tho :) I often thought people only planted sunflowers because they're really beautiful, but it looks like there are a lot people who are after their seeds.

Reaction score
Here is a nice picture I took last year, I hope you all like macros:

1382959_537401443001573_1730795587_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Trellum, it's a beautiful picture, I love it!:D It would make a perfect desktop wallpaper, it's so pretty. I like macros, because you can see all little details, it's very interesting.

Reaction score
Thanks, you´re very kind :) I took this picture with my old camera, so the quality isn't that good :( But I liked the blurred out effect around the sunflower :) I'll try to take a better macro next time ;)

Reaction score
Thank you, Anette :) It's good to know my efforts are appreciated... I think I might just be a little too perfectionist, sometimes I think a lot about small details! Specially when I work with macros, I always strive to get the cleanest shots :) But sadly I don't always get what I want :p

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean. I am like that with my cooking. I like to make everything perfect and tasty, but I always wind up finding something wrong with it. I have always been my worst critic.

Reaction score
Thanks, you´re very kind :) I took this picture with my old camera, so the quality isn't that good :( But I liked the blurred out effect around the sunflower :) I'll try to take a better macro next time ;)

Makes the sunflower stand out more sharply...perfect!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you, Anette :) It's good to know my efforts are appreciated... I think I might just be a little too perfectionist, sometimes I think a lot about small details! Specially when I work with macros, I always strive to get the cleanest shots :) But sadly I don't always get what I want :p
Trellum, your pictures are great, you should be proud of them:)

Personally, I find taking pictures of flowers really difficult. I don't know why, but my miniature roses always look so much better in real life! I'm not a perfectionist, so I don't expect anything really good, but I would like to be able to take a few decent pictures, that's it:p

Reaction score

I think that may be part of the problem. As Claudine said, they look so much life like in real life! LOL. I learned a while ago to stop picturing as I want it and allow it to be (this w/cake decorating, not photos...I'm not much of a photographer) We might not see exactly the outcome we'd like but if we strive for excellence it shows through anyway. And the viewer will still take something positive away from it. That's not the same as being critiqued in art class!

Reaction score
I agree with everyone here. The picture is great and I wish I could take good pictures of flowers too. Alas I am only passable with a camera. I can take some ok pictures.

Reaction score
I think that may be part of the problem. As Claudine said, they look so much life like in real life! LOL. I learned a while ago to stop picturing as I want it and allow it to be (this w/cake decorating, not photos...I'm not much of a photographer) We might not see exactly the outcome we'd like but if we strive for excellence it shows through anyway. And the viewer will still take something positive away from it. That's not the same as being critiqued in art class!

Yeah, tell me about it! When you are critiqued in art class... they practically tear you to the bone, lol. Some people are too harsh and don't think about people's feelings! I've been cricticized a lot in my life, but you learn to accept that and live with it. My photography was less good in the past, but I've learnt a couple of things thanks to my critics (I joined a photography club - still saving to buy a really good camera). I still try to do what I can with what I have ;)

Reaction score
Trellum, your pictures are great, you should be proud of them:)

Personally, I find taking pictures of flowers really difficult. I don't know why, but my miniature roses always look so much better in real life! I'm not a perfectionist, so I don't expect anything really good, but I would like to be able to take a few decent pictures, that's it:p

Thanks, Claudine :) May I ask what camera are you using to take the photos of your miniature roses? I totally agree with you! Some colours are so hard capture the way they are in real! Like for example the purple color! So flowers always end up looking better face to face thn in pictures, but sunflowers have proved to be really easy to photograph :) Blue and purple colours are the hardest, can't wait to get a camera that allow me to buy better lenses for it :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thanks, Claudine :) May I ask what camera are you using to take the photos of your miniature roses? I totally agree with you! Some colours are so hard capture the way they are in real! Like for example the purple color! So flowers always end up looking better face to face thn in pictures, but sunflowers have proved to be really easy to photograph :) Blue and purple colours are the hardest, can't wait to get a camera that allow me to buy better lenses for it :)
To be honest, I use my cell phone camera:p I keep promising myself that I'll buy a good camera when I have enough money. But whenever I do have money, I always end up buying skirts. I can't resist the temptation, lol;)
I wonder why blue and purple are the hardest to capture.

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting myself a good camera and trying my hand at photography. I see lots of things around that would make great pictures, but I don't have a goid camera to capture that image. I will just have to wait I guess.

Ask a Question