Sulfinia, One Of Bees Favorite Attractions!!!

Reaction score
Sulfinia.

This Flower Is So Attractive To Our Bees, And I Will Do All I Can To Attract The Vital Pollinators To My Garden And Hopefully All Gardeners Will To. As Without Bees, It Would Be Dreadful !!!!

These Were Put In A Few Years Back And Always Produce A Nice Bloom When There Ready To!!! And Bees Love Them!!!
:)

DSCF0901.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your Sulfinia looks beautiful! I love flowers in this color:D
I think that I should plant Sulfinia in my garden too. I don't see as many bees here as I used to when I was a child. I miss them! Listening to their buzzing sound always puts me in a good mood:)

Reaction score
Dear claudine,

thanks for liking the sulfinia, as they are a lovely flower with so much color, and it is definately a magnet for the bees.

Aso i am going to plant some lavender, and bee balm as they also attract our vital bees to our gardens, which all of us gardeners need to pollinate our flowers, plants etc!!

and it is sad how the bees are not so plentiful now to what they used to be, but there is strong evidence that pesticides are to blame for the demise. which is sad.:(

but hopefully we can attract them back with our lovely flowers :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Dear claudine,

thanks for liking the sulfinia, as they are a lovely flower with so much color, and it is definately a magnet for the bees.

Aso i am going to plant some lavender, and bee balm as they also attract our vital bees to our gardens, which all of us gardeners need to pollinate our flowers, plants etc!!

and it is sad how the bees are not so plentiful now to what they used to be, but there is strong evidence that pesticides are to blame for the demise. which is sad.:(

but hopefully we can attract them back with our lovely flowers :)
Bees in my garden seem to be the most attracted to my apple tree. When it was in bloom, there were so many of them flying around it! They were very loud, I spent long hours listening to their buzzing sound. It was great:)
I didn't know that lavender attracts them too. It's another reason to buy this lovely plant:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread is rife with confusion.

The name 'Sulfinia' seems to be a misspelling of 'Surfinia' which is a trade name for a group of hybrid trailing Petunia originally bred by Suntory Flowers Ltds. in Japan in the 1980s. Petunia is a genus in the Nightshade Family (Solanaceae).

However, the plants pictured in both the first (OP) and fourth post are not Petunia of any sort, but rather some cultivar of Geranium in the Crane's-bill Family (Geraniaceae).

Ask a Question