Stuffed home grown tomatoes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Yum! I make stuffed peppers regularly but never thought to make stuffed tomatoes - I can't believe I'd never thought of that before.

I have to say one of the most delicious things out there are home grown tomatoes. I ate so many of ours throughout summer - our tomato and basil plants just flourished so I had plenty of caprese salads with fresh mozzarella - it's one meal I don't think I could ever tire of!
For me it was the joy of producing these tomatoes from seeds I got all the way from UK. I have kept one tomato for seeds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
:love:How lovely to see tomatoes grown from seeds sent from Zigs in England to Grouie in India. And cooked with such appreciation. Love this forum.(y)
I loved tomatoes stuffed with fennel and rice which I had in Greece but I must admit I've been too lazy to make them. You've all inspired me. I actually have a bit of time on my hands at present so no excuse.
Tomatoes can be stuffed with anything. I have a few remaining. I will make a salad out of them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That does sound very tasty. We stuff peppers all the time around my house, but I never thought of stuffing tomatoes. They do make a great stuffing vessel too. I like your scrambled egg idea, but I bet they would also taste amazing with some sort of cheese stuffing as well.
Sure. Cheese stuffing is also a good idea.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh wow, it is even more amazing that these tomatoes were grown from seeds of another member of this forum! Someone send me some seeds please:p. Just kidding. Is it OK to send seeds overseas to people or is there some sort of customs regulation?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They tasted good. My nephew from the US had come on a visit and he got to taste them :)
I have a question. Did you cook those tomatoes before stuffing them? Or maybe they're raw? I would love to make stuffed tomatoes for my boyfriend, but I have no idea how. I'm terrible in the kitchen;) The only thing I can cook is pasta.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh that looks really delicious. Stuffing them with scrambled eggs sounds like a wonderful breakfast idea! I should give a shot some time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, I didn't know that you can stuff small tomatoes like that. But wait a minute, how does it taste? Frankly, I don't like raw tomatoes maybe because of the sour taste. Even in sandwiches like the Big Mac, I would take out the big slice of tomato because it ruins the taste of the hamburger. But for tomato lovers, I'm sure they would love that scrambled egg inside.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have a question. Did you cook those tomatoes before stuffing them? Or maybe they're raw? I would love to make stuffed tomatoes for my boyfriend, but I have no idea how. I'm terrible in the kitchen;) The only thing I can cook is pasta.
They were raw. Tomatoes taste good when raw. You can stuff with anything that you like. I used whatever was scooped out to make the egg scramble

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Oh wow, it is even more amazing that these tomatoes were grown from seeds of another member of this forum! Someone send me some seeds please:p. Just kidding. Is it OK to send seeds overseas to people or is there some sort of customs regulation?
My garden is packed with a lot of produce but I attach special value to these tomatoes for the same reason that you mention.

You have a point there about regulations but I did not face any problem.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Pm me your address :)

Only problem i've had so far was sending seed to Jamaica, none of them germinated, think customs might have irradiated them :(

Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought to stuff tomatoes! This looks delicious. I am going to have to do this with some of my own home growns, especially since I have some nice basil growing in. I think it'd be fantastic to stuff tomatoes with some cheese, basil, olive oil, and balsalmic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They were raw. Tomatoes taste good when raw. You can stuff with anything that you like. I used whatever was scooped out to make the egg scramble
Thank you for answering my question:) I love raw tomatoes!!! They're delicious, healthy, and easier to prepare than cooked tomatoes;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Thank you for answering my question:) I love raw tomatoes!!! They're delicious, healthy, and easier to prepare than cooked tomatoes;)
Tomatoes are normally eaten raw in salads. I still have 4 on the tree which have yet to ripen. I will make a salad out of them and perhaps post that image here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I wouldn't have thought to stuff tomatoes! This looks delicious. I am going to have to do this with some of my own home growns, especially since I have some nice basil growing in. I think it'd be fantastic to stuff tomatoes with some cheese, basil, olive oil, and balsalmic.
You must be making tomato salad which is eaten raw. Here you scoop out the stuff from inside and use to make any mixture of your choice.

Ask a Question