Norfolk Pine - looking to find new home for 10' tall tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I have a 10' tall Norfolk Pine that I need to find a new home for. It's simply gotten too big for our house. My problem is, it has a great deal of sentimental value. It was given to me when my father passed away in 1983. At that time, it was about 5 inches tall and was included in a small terrarium. Now, 35 years later, it's about 6' wide and almost 10' tall. It's moved with me to 4 different houses. So I would like to find someone who will take good care of it. My other problem is, I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. So it wouldn't survive outdoors.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I could go about finding a new home for it? I'm willing to give it away for free. I'd even be willing to pay moving costs, etc., if I could find the right home for it. But I'm guessing it won't be easy to find someone to take a tree this size.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Brad

DSC_0444.JPG
DSC_0445.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I cry for you and the tree! I reckon if you fell it, shred it and compost it and use the materials to grow 3 smaller shrubs, your dad would still be very pleased. It's the good intention that counts. I hope you don't find my suggestion offensive.

Welcome to the forum, @BradGR !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Brad.

A more permanent residence where it would be looked after is a local Botanical Gardens with a heated greenhouse. All visitors would be able to appreciate it. :)

Ask a Question