Strong peppermint plant

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone know what kind of peppermint plant this is? Compared to the ones i always find at garden centre this specific peppermint is darker green in colour, very smooth leaves, very purple stems and smells extremely strong. I grew this peppermint about 3 years ago but after awhile i ripped them from ground and just recently i found a couple stems growing alongside my garden fence. After discovering it again i realized how difficult it is to find this specific type of peppermint in any garden centers near me and I’m getting a little frustrated. I’m thinking of taking a couple cutting and keeping the plant going. Does anyone know anything about this kind of peppermint?

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My reason for loving this specific kind of peppermint is i love the extremely strong taste and aroma from it which makes it so much better for teas. And I’m planning to grow this stuff indoor under grow tent and make a huge amount of it for tea.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would grow it in a container to keep it from spreading.

I got some Spearmint yesterday my wife asked about it saying it wasn't strong as she likes.

I explained it to her and she made some Tea that I really liked.

As far as bringing it inside I'm thinking of bringing some in and just putting a grow light over. That is if you can do it where you don't have to deal with the Light.

You can get away with a small Grow Light to carry them through the Winter.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are lots and lots of different mints with unique scents, but it is well worth growing them in containers, if the roots mix they tend to all come out smelling the same.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I had chocolate peppermint plants, they were delicious in home made iced tea. I think I over picked them because last year they didn't come back. But if you like peppermint you should give them a try if you find them.

Ava

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know what kind of peppermint plant this is? Compared to the ones i always find at garden centre this specific peppermint is darker green in colour, very smooth leaves, very purple stems and smells extremely strong. I grew this peppermint about 3 years ago but after awhile i ripped them from ground and just recently i found a couple stems growing alongside my garden fence. After discovering it again i realized how difficult it is to find this specific type of peppermint in any garden centers near me and I’m getting a little frustrated. I’m thinking of taking a couple cutting and keeping the plant going. Does anyone know anything about this kind of peppermint?
It looks like Chocolate Mint, my favorite.

Ask a Question