Stormy weather take care

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, sorry, we didn't find her head, just pelvis, spine & shoulder blade. Not much survived that storm intact.

Reaction score
Oh wow I still don't know how I would have handled that. I haven't had an experience like that before and I hope I never do.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm always looking in odd places so have always expected to find a dead body, law of averages. Spent a lot of my life working on and around churches, so quite used to finding human remains. Bit different finding fresh remains though.

Probably won't be the last time either, I fish the beaches in the summer and beachcomb looking for Whale Barf in the winter.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Back on topic. We got another storm tonight, not as bad as last weeks so far.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Back on topic. We got another storm tonight, not as bad as last weeks so far.

I really hope this rubbish weather draws to a close soon :( It keeps lulling me into a false sense of security - one minute it's sunny and beautiful, the next it pours, and cycles between the two throughout the day!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed, it's going to be on and off for the next month, due to where the jet stream is at the moment.

Did you know that no one knew about the jet stream till a plane got into it? Unfortunately it sped them up so much that they overshot the airport by miles, when they started their decent to where they thought the airport was they slammed into a mountain :(

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Tge weather here has been weird. Hot then cold. I would rather have warm weather year round. That would be nice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
First frost this morning, it's a beautiful day though - sunny, clear and cold.

Did you know that no one knew about the jet stream till a plane got into it? Unfortunately it sped them up so much that they overshot the airport by miles, when they started their decent to where they thought the airport was they slammed into a mountain :(

Oh my goodness that's terrible! :(

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It was :(

They now use the Jet Stream to save fuel, and journey time.

Lovely day here too today.

Reaction score
It's a beautiful day here. The sun is shining, the breeze is lovely, and the temp. is mild. A lovely fall day. It's a shame everyday can't be like this.

Ask a Question