Country
United Kingdom
So i just thought i'd post this :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We are just about to have a very early arctic weather event. Even here in south Texas it will drop down into the mid 20'sF day after tomorrow. Hopefully it will not last long but even if it doesn't there will be significant damage to young seedlings if not protected. I think that the broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussel sprouts that I have in the ground are large enough as to not be overly damaged

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We are expecting a real frost on Tuesday evening, which means I'll be picking green tomatoes and all our peppers on Tuesday before the cold front comes in. The broccoli and other cool season crops will be fine, but I may lose my green beans:cry:.

Reaction score
We have had a fair amount of rain, but it's not that cold here. It was breezy today but it actually felt good cause it wasn't raining. I am hopeful for colder weather though as we need some snow on the mountains this year, really badly and it needs to be a bit colder for that to happen.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
That's a very soothing composition by Beethoven. Our weather here is pretty much unpredictable :D Hot during the day, raining in the afternoon and chilly at night and occasional typhoons every few months. I am not sure if it is due to global warming or is it because the change of weather occurs naturally overtime. I read somewhere that it is not true global warming is the main cause of weather change all over the globe as opposed to what most people believe in.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a very soothing composition by Beethoven. Our weather here is pretty much unpredictable :D Hot during the day, raining in the afternoon and chilly at night and occasional typhoons every few months. I am not sure if it is due to global warming or is it because the change of weather occurs naturally overtime. I read somewhere that it is not true global warming is the main cause of weather change all over the globe as opposed to what most people believe in.

Very much so, the planet and Sun go thru regular cycles. Politicians are using global warming as scare tactics and an excuse to tax us more.

If anyone tells you CO2 is rising to dangerous levels ask them for the facts.

Fact is that atmospheric CO2 is at its lowest level since the Carboniferous period when the coal measures were laid down.

It's less than 400 parts per million now. It's been thousands of times higher in the past, in fact most of our plants evolved to grow in a CO2 rich atmosphere, so will do far better with more of it.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It is comforting to know that the change of weather and intense heat in some parts of the world as well as the melting of the ice in North and South pole is a natural occurence and it is more comforting to know that humans are not responsible for these. I see a lot of upsetting actions humans do that I can't get it off my mind for days or months and even forever like cutting down trees, not properly disposing trash and so on. I also watch Discovery channel and National Geographic a lot, these two are the main channels I watch in the tv to get my informations about the natural environment and animal documentaries. I watched last year that Polar bears swim for many days searching for sea ice and half of them dies from drowning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is comforting to know that the change of weather and intense heat in some parts of the world as well as the melting of the ice in North and South pole is a natural occurence and it is more comforting to know that humans are not responsible for these. I see a lot of upsetting actions humans do that I can't get it off my mind for days or months and even forever like cutting down trees, not properly disposing trash and so on. I also watch Discovery channel and National Geographic a lot, these two are the main channels I watch in the tv to get my informations about the natural environment and animal documentaries. I watched last year that Polar bears swim for many days searching for sea ice and half of them dies from drowning.
They show you what they want you to see, not necessarily what is factual. For instance the polar bears. They naturally swim for hundreds of miles in search of food in the sea ice. There are in fact more Polar Bears today than ever before. They are becoming a dangerous nuisance in parts of the arctic.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What they probably didn't say was the Arctic ice is actually increasing and it was the wind that blew it away from where it formed, it piled up on the coast of Greenland.

Some disturbing reading here,

http://iceagenow.info/category/headed-into-an-ice-age-now/

Looks like it may have already started :eek:

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
They show you what they want you to see, not necessarily what is factual. For instance the polar bears. They naturally swim for hundreds of miles in search of food in the sea ice. There are in fact more Polar Bears today than ever before. They are becoming a dangerous nuisance in parts of the arctic.

Confused. Don't know what to believe in anymore. Even the documentaries are lies. Perhaps they want the viewers to feel guilty about global warming among other things. That's just mean. I felt real bad about polar bears after watching that, I felt worse when they mentioned the cause of the ice melting is global warming which then I thought was caused by humans when in reality it's a natural occurence. Their game is well played.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've been keeping my eye on things for a few years now, ever since our harbours iced up back in 2010. The sea ice just doesn't normally freeze around the UK. There was no reason given on any of the news channels, I had to join a scientific forum to find out why it'd happened.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've been keeping my eye on things for a few years now, ever since our harbours iced up back in 2010. The sea ice just doesn't normally freeze around the UK. There was no reason given on any of the news channels, I had to join a scientific forum to find out why it'd happened.
When you start having polar bears walking the streets do you think people will realize that this whole Global Warming thing is nothing but a government hoax? I kind of doubt it

Reaction score
We had some stormy and cold weather a couple of weeks ago but the weather has turned hot again since then. I was actually enjoying the temporary winter weather, because we don't really have seasons in Florida.

Ask a Question