Stormy weather take care

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Wishing all my friends in the South to take care with this weather triangle you are going to experience thoughts are with you all.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta Kath :)

Just brought my re cycling boxes in. Winds of 82 mph have been reported in Wales.

They've just said this will be the worse storm since the 1987 hurricane :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Rainy and windy here but nothing bad (I suppose we're used to it in Manchester!!), but I know of people living in the south who have lost roof tiles. How's your place doing @zigs ?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No damage to the house.

Got woken up by the wind at 3.30, just in time to see blue flashes on the horizon as the power went out.

Wasn't a gusty wind, just strong & constant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you're doing ok! Have you got power back yet?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, all back to normal, apart from leaves & twigs to sweep up.

The previous Mrs Zigs popped in to use the phone, as the road to her work was blocked by a fallen tree.

Sad about the 2 dead people and the missing boy :(

Very silly idea to go swimming in the sea with a hurricane coming.

Reaction score
It's gotten warm, but cloudy and rainy here. I had just gotten use to the cold weather when it started to warm back up. I like the warm weather, but I don't like the gloomy days.

Reaction score
That is terrible news about the death of two people. Did they find the missing boy yet?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not found him yet, I suspect its now a body recovery search rather than a rescue now :(

Trouble is, there's nothing to stop a body where he went in, they might never find him.

My Daughter found bits of a woman's skeleton on the beach after a storm, she'd been missing for 4 months.

Reaction score
Not found him yet, I suspect its now a body recovery search rather than a rescue now :(

Trouble is, there's nothing to stop a body where he went in, they might never find him.

My Daughter found bits of a woman's skeleton on the beach after a storm, she'd been missing for 4 months.
Oh my goodness! That is not a pleasant thing to find on the beach! I would freak out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Oh my goodness that's awful!! :eek: Poor Willow, and that poor woman :(

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. I don't know what I would have done if I had found that on a beach. I probably would have freaked out and screamed my head off.
My sympathy.goes out to that poor woman.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Poor woman yes, her Name was Ann and she went missing in Devon, they found her car with the keys still in the ignition.

Apart from a "yuk" look on Willow's face, she didn't bat an eyelid.

We are talking about the same little girl that took delight in showing all the other kids on the pier the still beating heart of a dead fish that i'd just caught.

Reaction score
Wow she sounds like an amazing person. I wish I could be more like her. I wouldn't have been able to handle finding a head the way she did.

Ask a Question