Starting from scratch; need design advise

Reaction score
Country
United States
Currently, my side yard is strictly grass/lawn. I will be building a new raised bed garden for vegetables and fruits in that location over the next month or two. Is there any one out there that I can give a list of what I will be planting and they can tell me which are fantastic as neighbors and which need to be segregated? Their answer will determine the shape I choose to build. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Beth! :)

It would be useful to know a little more about your garden - eg where abouts in the US are you, what is your zone, which plants did you want to include, etc. You can easily add your zone to your profile and it will appear under your username - it makes it a lot easier for people to be able to advise you. Just click on your name at the top-right of the page, click on 'Personal Details', and scroll down to where it says 'Hardiness Zone'.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Texas, near Tyler. Some maps put me on the line between Zone 7 and Zone 8, but most maps just have me in Zone 8. The dirt here is very sandy, but my raised bed will be tall enough to keep the roots from even touching the native soil.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see your design for your side garden.

Ask a Question