Squirrels!

JardinDelBronx

ROARRRR!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Update:

I don't know how to feel about this, but I thought I should share since we were just talking about it last week.

We took down one of the squirrels with a bb gun. It was during the middle of a digging frenzy in one of the raised beds I have. Usually the squirrel runs off after I shoo at them from the window but this time it seemed like my "get outta here, squirrel!" didn't work. So my boyfriend went and got a bb gun he borrowed from the building superintendent and he took him down with one shot. I felt a lot worse than I expected to, and a few minutes later another squirrel had taken over the digging assignment. The second one did run off once I screamed at it.

The carrots are not going to be an option this year (that's where the 2 squirrels did their damage). I think it wasn't a good idea anyway (to plant carrots), those seeds are way too sweet for the squirrels to resist. I feel terrible but I also remember the stressful season I had last year as a result of these insatiable scoundrels.

I'm seriously considering getting a cat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I have a lot of squirrels in my yard and did have a problem with them going after bulbs and such but since I decided to always have sunflower seeds in a pan out there for them, not a problem since, not even a problem with them digging holes to hide their seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a lot of squirrels in my yard and did have a problem with them going after bulbs and such but since I decided to always have sunflower seeds in a pan out there for them, not a problem since, not even a problem with them digging holes to hide their seeds.

Hmm...now this seems like an interesting option. I'm afraid it would draw to many other critters. Just caught a possum last night

Ask a Question