Bloody squirrels!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't squirrels know that the lawn is just starting to look good again after a feed :ROFLMAO:.

It looks like they went mad overnight and started digging holes for burying their nuts all over the garden. They normally do it in the borders and mulch, but it seems that they've taken a fancy to the grass this year. Cute little things though!

Perhaps I should think of it as "organic lawn aeration" ;).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Don't squirrels know that the lawn is just starting to look good again after a feed :ROFLMAO:.

It looks like they went mad overnight and started digging holes for burying their nuts all over the garden. They normally do it in the borders and mulch, but it seems that they've taken a fancy to the grass this year. Cute little things though!

Perhaps you should aerate the squirrels instead.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They dropped Hazel nuts into the upright clay pipes I was growing leeks in, got some good bushes from them :D

Reaction score
We have a lot squirrels in my neighborhood, they all got here when the council guys started to mess around with the forest nearby! Fortunately they don't like to mess around with what is left of my garden :confused: Good luck with those squirrels!

Reaction score

Although I can truly equate with how you must be feeling at the moment after all your hard work and even sympathize too.

I think its quite possible - that it won't be your lawn that you will worrying about in the not too distant future - but that of how to get rid of your forest instead - especially if this true :D

Squirrel.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think its quite possible - that it won't be your lawn that you will worrying about in the not too distant future - but that of how to get rid of your forest instead - especially if this true :D

Haha, that's a very good point :D.

Reaction score
How do you get rid of squirrels? I don't want to kill them but I find them to be a big nuisance at times. Is there anything I can put out to kind of keep them away? Have looked online and didn't see a whole lot of useful information in regards to this issue.

Reaction score

What you need are a tablespoonful of cayenne pepper,and an 1/8 of a cup of olive oil (about an ounce). Combine these ingredients in a spray bottle. You know the kind - like an old "Shout" or "Windex" container. Add water to fill half way. Shake, shake,shake and fill the rest of the way with water. Spray this on your lawn. Squirrels, dogs, cats any animal with a little wet nose will be repulsed by this concoction; problem solved. Give it a try.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What you need are a tablespoonful of cayenne pepper,and an 1/8 of a cup of olive oil (about an ounce). Combine these ingredients in a spray bottle. You know the kind - like an old "Shout" or "Windex" container. Add water to fill half way. Shake, shake,shake and fill the rest of the way with water. Spray this on your lawn. Squirrels, dogs, cats any animal with a little wet nose will be repulsed by this concoction; problem solved. Give it a try.

I've heard that as well but was always a little skeptical as to whether or not it would actually work? Interesting though, if you've had good results with it it's something to keep in mind :). Love to keep pesky little creatures like that at a fair distance.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have this exact same problem! We put fresh grass seed down but the squirrels will not stop trying to dig around and bury their nuts. We scare them away just about 100x through the day but they know at night we will not scare them away and they go nuts. I will be trying some of your suggestions because I have been dying to get rid of these pesky little buggers.

Ask a Question