some way to get bees to move?

Reaction score
there's a nest (hive?) of really small yellow bees right in the middle of one of my seating areas. kind of under a raised section of the liner for my pond. i guess they'll be good for pollination, but i've been stung once already and if i had company over i'm sure they'd end up agitated and probaly doing more stinging.

truthfully, after getting stung my first reaction is i want to just spray something under the liner at night and kill them, but i'm wondering if there's some way to lure them to another spot maybe at the edge of the yard or something. anyone know? thanks.

Reaction score
I think a pest exterminator is going to be the only way to safely move them. You could try a local beekeeper who may be prepared to help but they do not sound like honey bees.
I think with honey bees they tend to move the whole nest with the queen in situ.
I would be very careful spraying day or night as they are likely to come out en-mass and you could be in real trouble with being stung.

Reaction score
Please don't kill them! Bees are disappearing, and it's a true miracle you have a hive full of them in your garden. Bees are really essential, the pollination they do is really important, and without it we couldn't be able to survive for too long. I read a whole article about it. If you want to know why bees are so important and SHOULDN'T be killed, please read this and educate others: http://www.ccpollen.com/the-importance-of-bees.html

I'm sure there is someone who can help you to safely remove the hive without having to kill them. Call a beekeeper, I'm sure the beekeeper will want to take a look. If those bees are honey ones, then you can ask him if he wants them. They most likely are honey bees, because the other kind of bee that you could have in your garden is the mason bee. There are other types of bees, but you can easily tell they're not honey bees because of their colour and shape (dark).

Ask a Question