So What Does Everyone Here Do For Work?

Reaction score
I work as a forklift operator at a chicken processing plant. I am hoping to be an author and I have a few stories in the works right now. I hope to be successful so that I can quit my job and live off my writing.

Reaction score
Well, right now I'm currently a stay at home mom, but only for a few more months, we just had our baby in July! But come November I'll hopefully be manager of the (little :) ) produce department at the only grocery store on Mackinac Island, Doud's Market! i was a cashier there last year and also some of this summer while pregnant, but the owner wanted to know if I was interested in the position and I definitely am. :)

Reaction score
Right now I'm a freelancer, but I used to work as an accountant; I did the accounting of many small and big companies in the past. I got sick of that, so when I found a good writing job online, I decided to give it a try. Right now I'm doing all sorts of jobs online :) I spend a lot time at home; nearly 14 hours working online. My day always starts at 7 or 8 a.m. I don't stop until 11 or 12 a.m. I do take a lot breaks tho :p

Reaction score
I'm a registered nurse. I been working as a nurse for 6 yrs now. I love my work. It's very tiring, emotionally and physically but at the same time very fulfilling. At the moment I'm on vacation. I can wake up anytime I want without worrying to much. Sooner I will be in my scrub suits again.

Reaction score
I am a stay at home mom actually so my job is my kids (and my garden of course) I do however do part time writing jobs for people, and editing books people are writing. My husband is a restaurant manager though, it's hard work but he loves his job.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a researcher for a legal division of a large international company. I research personal injury cases and review them I am also an insurance agent helping people have the peace of mind that if something should happen to them their family would have type of income.

Reaction score
I have been retired for about eight years now. I was in customer service and what I actually did was work for an air conditioning/refrigeration and heating school. I set up job interviews for our graduates from all over the United States. I am in Alabama and we had students from as far away as Alaska and Hawaii. It was interesting to get to talk with potential employers from all over the country. Now I am disabled in that I have arthritis in my hips, knees and ankles so it is hard for me to do much gardening. Mostly I just have one small flower bed that I tend. I was a very active gardener when I was younger and reasonably knowledgable about gardening. I read a lot and my daughter and grandson live with me. She helps with most of the housework and we share cooking duties. My grandson is 7 yrs old and at times make me batty!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I work in the security industry, but I am looking to get out of it in the worst way! I have been doing it for years now and it is just time to move on. I am still young enough that I can move on and still have a long productive career ahead of me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would avoid work too if I could! But I need a paycheck and so I suffer through it. The only work I really enjoy are my online gigs. I actually look forward to working online each day. Most of the reason for this is that I do it all on my own without someone breathing down my neck!

Reaction score
I am currently driving a truck. I have almost 4 million miles now (1.5 million in my own). I farmed our family farm 1 year at 15 years old after my dad died. I have worked about 7 years on 3 very large farms. 5 years at a sawmill. I was a professional welder for 1 1/2 years. Had a lumber drying and processing business for about 5 years. I have operated heavy equipment.

I've always been a farmer at heart. That's what I'd be doing now if I could.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Hmm... I work for a government agency here in the Philippines. I serve as a public relations officer which equates to media relations officer, staff writer, and speech writer. When I am not doing overtime work, I become a full-time cat parent to three super adorable cats.

Reaction score
I am a retired government worker. I worked for the state for over 30 years. I love gardening but have more and more trouble with my back each year. I wish I would have had my hoop house when I was younger but I still love it. I write for several online gigs for extra income.

Reaction score
I am an early childhood teacher by profession however i am at home at the moment as i don't thinking i'm making enough money in that area...i am thinking of doing a degree in social work very soon and i am also considering makeup artistry. Presently i work online as much as i can to help my fiancee pay some of the bills.

Reaction score
I'm a stay at home to 4 beautiful children. I do some work from home jobs to make a little extra money but the kids themselves keep me rather busy. Taking surveys, posting etc. If I have a little extra time in the day. I also volunteer at our church and at my kids schools. Great question and thanks for inquiring. It's nice to know what we all do. :)

Ask a Question