Snow

Reaction score
I confess, I am still pondering if there is time to do my garden winterizing, LOL! Last autumn there was about a month of bad weather right when I otherwise would have done it (compost work, bed cleanup, etc.) And then I kept putting it off for one reason or another and now, well, this may be one year the seasons simply have to proceed on their own without my interaction in the processes. That happens sometimes and I have not found that it causes huge problems. And, so far here, no snow. Maybe next week....

Reaction score
I'm so glad our snow is about melted. I'm so ready for spring. We had freezing rain today. It was supposed to get warm enough to thaw anything that froze early but the temps never got that high so everything is still icy.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Snows all gone, now we're back to rain & floods:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've heard we are going to have a few warmer days here, in middle Europe - it's around 0c now and it's possible it will be even warmer soon - but after that, according to the weather forecast, it will be freezing again. Spring! I miss you!!!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this bit of weather comes your way Claudine, its 10 Celcius at the moment, it should have run out of rain by the time it gets to you
smiley-sad029.gif

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I lived in a cold area of the US for the first half of my life, I moved out of the snow belt as soon as I could because I hate being cold. I was out this morning waiting on a bus, the wind was blowing making it feel even colder than it was. It is 34 degrees now but with the wind it feels like it is in the 20's.

It takes a strong constitution to take the severe cold area's where it is below zero. Don't stop moving for long periods of time you will freeze, that's for sure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's snowing like crazy in my area:mad: . Can you believe it? It's March already, it shouldn't be like this. It's not very cold but there is so much snow here that it will probably never melt. Spring, were are you? We miss you!:(

Reaction score
It's snowing like crazy in my area:mad: . Can you believe it? It's March already, it shouldn't be like this. It's not very cold but there is so much snow here that it will probably never melt. Spring, were are you? We miss you!:(

Over here it's crazy too! We had a HUGE snowfall recently, and I'm talking late-ish March. Boy, do I hate Winnipeg. I want to get my summer going, already!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
This is the view out of my bedroom window this morning.

PICT0055-1.jpg

Cat don't want to go out.
Yikes ! I am glad we are not looking like that out here. Early in March, it warmed up, and I was out playing in the yard and starting the first garden area. Then, a cold snap hit us, and we were back in the 20s at nite,and we had a dusting of snow even.
Today, it is a little warmer, and sunny, but windy. I think our weather will finally stay warm enough that my seeds should sprout, and we can get the garden rototilled.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Over here it's crazy too! We had a HUGE snowfall recently, and I'm talking late-ish March. Boy, do I hate Winnipeg. I want to get my summer going, already!

My snow has already melted but it's really cold again: around -8c during the night. I'm starting to think that spring will never come. It's almost April, how is it possible that the weather is still so nasty?:(

Ask a Question