zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Celcius yes,

It was forecast that it would drop to -12c here last night so I got up in the night & put another log on the fire. Didn't get that cold after all though.

Still a snowy sky here, but a bit brighter this morning:)

Reaction score
Oh my... I would never survive such weather.. here when it is 14 or 15 d Celsius we whine and cry that it is cold... Hahah.. Cold is a relative term isn't it?
The temperature is often in the 27-30 during the day... but if it is windy it does feel like 17 or 18, which it is most of the time.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You get used to it, snow is starting to melt today so it feels much milder, went to Tesco's without a coat earlier:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'll probably never get used to it. Today it was around -6c and for me it was freezing! I need a warmer coat. Or two. I already wear more than one sweater and two pairs of tights:p . Maddie, I'm so jealous, it must be great to live in a place where 15c is cold:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've not put my thermals on yet this winter:D

This is the view from my kitchen yesterday.

PICT0057-1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs, it's such a beautiful view, you have so much space there! I imagine how wonderful it must look during springtime when everything is in bloom:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Spring seems a way off at the moment Claudine, its snowing again now.

Here's a few spoilers of the spring around here:) Give us something to look foward to.

008.jpg

003.jpg

009.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oooooo...now I miss spring even more, Zigs:p . I love the first picture - it's so green. The mill looks wonderful, I wish we had something like this in my area. And the cows are adorable, they look like they were sniffing something:p

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry Claudine, shouldn't have posted them:D

More snow today, but its melting slowly,

PICT0063-1.jpg

A sign of spring poking thru though:)

PICT0064-1.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D No, i'm afraid not. Its a few miles up the road from me, looked after by the National Trust now.

001-2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, this mill is really lovely:D . And I love these little plants poking through the snow. I hope I'll see something like this in my area soon. Maybe I should dig in the snow to look for them:( It's -6c today. I heard tomorrow night it will be -15c:eek::eek:

Reaction score
Gorgeous pictures! And, I am grateful we have not had snow here to speak of this winter. Last year we sure did and I was snowed in for about a week. Fortunately the landlord has four wheel drive and was kind enough to take me to the grocery store before the cupboard got too bare.

Reaction score
Seeing snow all over the ground can be a lovely site but can cause major problems if you have to go to work in that kind of weather. I live in Atlanta, GA so fortunately we don't get that much snow. When we do, people lose their minds. If snow is even predicted, the stores are immediately packed with people buying bread and canned goods, as if they are going to be snowed in for weeks. We might get a few flakes and that's the end of it. Occasionally, about once every 2-3 winters, we will get one mini-major snow storm, where businesses and schools may shut down for a few days, but that's only once every so often.

Sorry, I'd rather see the snow on TV or in magazines, don't care to see it outside my window and in the streets, except, once every couple of years.

Reaction score
Beautiful pictures! So, my spring flowers will be garlic this year, love the garlic. I hope I get a good crop, I planted enough, like 5 different varieties.... COME ON SPRING!

Ask a Question