Slow growing Elephant ears

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had my elephant ears for 3 years. The first year they grew really big was really big leaves on it. Since that year the last two years have went downhill my elephant ears are not growing like they're supposed to be. I have plenty of water and plenty of fertilizer just like I did the first year. They are the same plants that I've had the first year I just cut them back for the winter. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do elephant ears need to be dug up for winter?
In most growing zones, gardeners will need to dig up their bulbs for the winter. This includes alocasia, colocasia, caladiums, and other bulbs. If you live in growing zones 8 or hotter, you may be able to just leave your elephant ear plants in the ground over the winter. Google

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We leave ours outside, USDA zone 8a. It is good to use composting mulch to cover deep in the fall and to feed for root growth (P-K) as well.

Ask a Question