Tomato plants slowing down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Looking for some advice. I have noticed in the last week or two that my tomato plants have began to struggle. They started very well, nice thick stems, healthy foliage and the first setting of fruits was great, however the most recent growth is very spindly, flowers are dropping off without setting fruit and the plants seem to be going backwards.

I've been feeding them with Maxicrop weekly and they are set up on an automatic irrigation system and also in a greenhouse with autovents.

I am a KG on a private estate providing for a very busy kitchen and so any advice, pearls of wisdom or troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
👍

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello. A search says that you are in USDA zone 8b or 9a or possibly 9b. That is alot warmer than me. Tomatoes won't set fruit, drop flowers, or slow down at higher temps. I cant remember exactly what temps but that sounds like what is happening to you. @Chuck knows the temps and is closer to your zone/climate than me.

Your picture didn't show up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi there,

Looking for some advice. I have noticed in the last week or two that my tomato plants have began to struggle. They started very well, nice thick stems, healthy foliage and the first setting of fruits was great, however the most recent growth is very spindly, flowers are dropping off without setting fruit and the plants seem to be going backwards.

I've been feeding them with Maxicrop weekly and they are set up on an automatic irrigation system and also in a greenhouse with autovents.

I am a KG on a private estate providing for a very busy kitchen and so any advice, pearls of wisdom or troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
👍
What has the average nighttime LOW temperatures been for the past couple of weeks and what have the average high daytime temperatures been?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Maxicrop seaweed 0-0-1? They are starving. The "secret" to seaweed is that it has a lot of phytohormones useful in getting the plants to a mature stage. You would be better off if they sold you something with higher p and k values. Mature plants need little nitrogen.

Ask a Question