Sky pencil holy

Reaction score
Country
United States
My sky pencil Holy have been planted for 2 years. They started dying off at the end of summer last year. I trimmed all the dead branches off. Trimmed back around 3 inches and fed them. This year they look terrible. I dug one up and the roots are still in a ball like when I planted them except not as many. Can I save these. I spent alot of money for the mature ones. TIA

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My sky pencil Holy have been planted for 2 years. They started dying off at the end of summer last year. I trimmed all the dead branches off. Trimmed back around 3 inches and fed them. This year they look terrible. I dug one up and the roots are still in a ball like when I planted them except not as many. Can I save these. I spent alot of money for the mature ones. TIA
Sounds like you have an encircling root problem. You can normally see which roots or root is causing the problem but if you can't just get a very sharp knife or box cutter and cut down ONE side of the root ball. Most often this will cure the problem

Ask a Question