Signs of Spring!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Vaguely light at 18.45 tonight, clocks change at the end of March, it'll be light till 8pm then

Reaction score
Ah ha - even though I don't expect to see the signs of spring for some considerable time yet and when it does appear here - I will only get a fleeting glimpse of it - before it becomes way too hot to do anything at all.

You've just made me realize zigs - that I do have a very big plus here - because unlike you - we don't start to get dark until around 8 at night - which by the time the clocks change - will increase to being around 10 ish :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, that makes for a good evening Gata :)

Got some Primroses out :)

DSCF0003.JPG

Reaction score
It does zigs and even better when summer gets under way - as we have months on end where it doesn't get dark until around 11 at night - which means of course - that I can garden for around 17 hours a day - if I want to :)

Spring is clearly much more advanced where you are - even though you've had such horrendous weather and thank you so much - for the really lovely sight of those primroses - which I love but rarely see here - think they're beautiful and have to say that seeing them - has really made my day :):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gata montes - it must be great! In my area, it gets completely dark around 6 pm. Personally, I quite like it, because I'm a night person anyway, but I know that many people feel sleepy or depressed.
Zigs - these Primroses are so pretty, thank you for sharing the picture! I must look for spring flowers too:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, you have a whole field of snowdrops, Zigs, there are so many of them in the third picture!:D They're beautiful. I also love these daffodils and crocuses. As soon as I have some free time, I'll run to the nearest park, I hope I'll find many beautiful flowers too. I'm so happy that it's almost spring already:D:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Those crocuses and snowdrops look beautiful! (y)

Reaction score
Your photos are a wonderful and very welcome sight Zigs especially as we are still a very long way off anything that even resembles spring weather here and of course as snowdrops aren't something that grows here either - its lovely to see the great swathes of them combined with the daffodils and crocuses - the latter of which does grow here - but as it is the variety of crocus that saffron comes from - is seen at a totally different time of year :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A welcome sight to me too Gata, be glad to see the back of this winter :)

I googled where to get Saffron bulbs, turned out they sell them in the next village to me, small world :D

Reaction score
zigs - think its the same for everyone this year - but for those us - who are still experiencing the depths of winter - which for me is showing no signs of letting up and still has a very definite Siberian feel to it - and who also - never gets to see the wonderful sight of all the beautiful spring flowers that you do - because they don't grow here - its always very much appreciated whenever people - yourself included - post pictures of these pretty sights - as it always brightens my day :)

Its is - but just think - you can grow all those lovely spring flowers and saffron crocus too :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The cliff top gardens I visited today didn't really have much going on, apart from a few Camelias, and they were in the shade, but the view from them was nice :)

DSCF0003.JPG

Reaction score
Lovely photo Zigs - although I have to say - much as I love the photo of the beach and the cliffs - would have loved to have seen a picture of the camellias too :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta :)

If I see one with the Sun on it, i'll take one :D

Reaction score
Signs of spring? I just want two consecutive days above freezing! It's snowed here almost every week since christmas and there's still another storm tomorrow! Then again I did see the sun for a few hours last week, so there's that.

Ask a Question