Topiary designs

Reaction score
I saw some small boxwood shrubs on sale at Lowes yesterday. I've been wanting to do a topiary on each side of my front door but I can't decide on a design. I like the spiral tree designs and lollipop designs are ok but I'm wanting to do something creative - but not too hard! Anyone done any topiaries or have any ideas for designs?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like to keep things simple, so a round-shaped shrubs are my favorite. In my opinion it looks lovely:

ball-topiary-large.jpg

A heart-shaped shrub also looks really nice and unique:

24phwjr.jpg

And here is something very, very creative:p:

6532361.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, those elephants are a sight to behold! They would most certainly need some type of framework to create them. All these shrubs are so pretty. And yes, even the simple, round shapes have a wonderful classic appeal - and definitely easier to maintain!

Reaction score
Those elephants are so crazy man. I want some like those but shaped like alligators instead. I wonder how they do that.

Reaction score
I like to keep things simple, so a round-shaped shrubs are my favorite. In my opinion it looks lovely:

ball-topiary-large.jpg

A heart-shaped shrub also looks really nice and unique:

24phwjr.jpg

And here is something very, very creative:p:

6532361.jpg
I freaking love those elephants. I wonder how they made the tusks on the big one. The baby elephant is adorable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These are lovely:

original

marqueyssac_detailbuis.jpg

93-583.jpg
I love these hearts in the first picture. They look really adorable:) If they were mine, I'd plant white miniature roses inside of them.
The garden in the last picture is beyond gorgeous. It's surprising to see something like this next to regular houses. I'd expect to see it near a palace, lol:p

Reaction score
A guy in our street was refused planning by the council for a house extention a few years back, despite several appeals, turned out his neighbour was the one objecting.

Within days of him finding out about the neighbour, the dividing hedge had been neatly trimmed to resemble an erect finger ! It went soon after, I think he got a bit of grief off his wife for doing it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
A guy in our street was refused planning by the council for a house extention a few years back, despite several appeals, turned out his neighbour was the one objecting.

Within days of him finding out about the neighbour, the dividing hedge had been neatly trimmed to resemble an erect finger ! It went soon after, I think he got a bit of grief off his wife for doing it.
Lol, this is such a hilarious idea!:D
I can imagine how angry he must have been, because I was in a similar situation. Some time ago, my family wanted to add a few rooms to our house. Unfortunately, we couldn't do it, because one neigbor objected.
I regret that we didn't trim our hedges too:p

Reaction score

LOL - love it - did it look something like this :D

Topiary - Finger.jpg

Apparently the one in this picture stayed around for nearly eight years without anyone objecting to it being there and it was only when the police - after its eight years of being there - decided that it was violating the public decency laws - that it had to be removed o_O

Reaction score
I love these hearts in the first picture. They look really adorable:) If they were mine, I'd plant white miniature roses inside of them.
The garden in the last picture is beyond gorgeous. It's surprising to see something like this next to regular houses. I'd expect to see it near a palace, lol:p

Yeah! I would do the same! It sounds like a beautiful idea, but maybe instead of white miniature roses I'd use both! :love: As for the last pic, that's what I liked the most, this in middle of two common houses, hehehe! I could tell whoever did this knew what he or she was doing, very sober but very beautiful garden!

Reaction score
Your topiary designs would greatly depend on your time and resources to maintain them. For front doors or small areas, cloud or pompom topiaries look great.
08074668870d65f3e743a926a5ed0376.jpg

Some geometric designs look modern and space-saving.
70acb99d13ab83918f81ccc6c6c32439.jpg

If you have resources and the space to maintain a whole garden of topiaries, by all means, indulge. Your neighbors would also be delighted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love this plant in the first picture you posted, Sunny. It looks like a giant bonsai! It's beautiful.

How do you feel about this cute peacock?:LOL:

backyard-ideas-yard-landscaping-topiary-art-2.jpg

I'm in love with this garden, it's a beautiful combination of wild plants and neat topiaries:

BG04SUM-82.jpg

Ask a Question