Signs of Spring!

Reaction score
I know, it's a little early to get too excited but is anyone else (in the Northern hemisphere!) noticed signs of Spring coming?

Yesterday the wind and rain stopped and the sun came out, there are snowdrops in a lovely garden nearby (try as I might I can't seem to get snowdrops to grow in my garden). Leaves are just about to appear on my quince and my rhubarb is starting to sprout!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We got Snowdrops and Primroses, Rhubarb is about 9 inches high. Still got a Nasturtium alive, we've hardly had a frost this winter.

Reaction score
Your rhubarb is doing a lot better than mine! I spoke too soon, the wind and rain are back.
It has been pretty mild here too, my passionflower still has all of it's leaves.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
No sign of spring here we just had about 2ft of snow dumped on us with more tonight. The sun is bright which is a good thing to see after all of the clouds we have seen for the last two days.

It is predicted to be in the high 50's by the end of next week. Maybe we will see a sight of spring then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Today, I went for a walk in a park with my boyfriend and we found quite a lot of fresh, new leaves. They're still very tiny, but it's enough to make me happy:) It was 13c and the sun was shining bright. It feels like spring!:D:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs when your rhubarb is grown you have to try this recipe! Rhubarb & Custard Cake It's delicious! (y)

We're hoping to get out for a walk sometime soon, so I'm hoping to see some snow drops. The weather is very mild, but to me it still doesn't feel spring-like... it doesn't really feel like we've had a proper winter so maybe that's why!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mmm I bet that rhubarb water was yummy... I think it would go very well with gin :D

Reaction score
On Tuesday we got the first flowers blooming. It certainly feels like the worst of winter is over. The flooding in the UJ is starting to recede as well so that's certainly sign of a better season to come.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm pretty sure the winter is over. I hope it is! Today, we had the most beautiful weather, it was 15c! It's unbelievable, isn't it? 15c in February! I couldn't be happier:love:
My miniature roses grow like crazy:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Wonderful Claudine it's mild with us to .

It's great now to see buds all for in on clematis and honeysuckle and shoots on roses and bulbs growing .

So cheerful to see,once they are on a bit I shall share photos.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wonderful Claudine it's mild with us to .

It's great now to see buds all for in on clematis and honeysuckle and shoots on roses and bulbs growing .

So cheerful to see,once they are on a bit I shall share photos.
As soon as my roses start blooming, I'll take a pictures of them too:D. I'm really looking forward to it. This mild winter is pretty nice, but I'm sure that spring will be even better. I want to lie on grass, have picnics and eat fresh fruits and vegetables:D

Reaction score
Oh how you made me yearn for spring claudine - especially as I too long for the days when I can be outside again and although not necessarily having picnics - but enjoying my garden and getting back to the taste of my freshly grown fruit and vegetables - unfortunately though - I think it is still some way off for me :( as apart from the fact that temperatures are still hovering around the zero degree mark - there is very little sign of it either - as I only have a few very small buds juts beginning to show on my apricot and almond trees and the tiniest of hint of life in my freesia beds - where there are a few leaves trying extremely hard to poke their heads up - so in the meantime - I will just have to dream of what is like - with the lovely picture you've conjured up in mind - of pleasant days spent outside enjoying my garden, having picnics and lying on the grass :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Don't worry, it won't take long, I'm sure of it:) After all, it's the end of February already, so spring is just around the corner. Soon, we will be surrounded with flowers and yummy vegetables. What I miss the most are tomatoes. These from a store don't have any taste at all. I eat them anyway, because I'm an addict, but I don't really enjoy it :confused:

Ask a Question