Last edited:

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Esther, read the articles and watch the video posted here in this thread. They are able to bully through legal means local libraries, community centers, and any places that have set up seed-sharing initiatives. In these states all of these places were forced to shut down their seed sharing programs due to the legal fines that they were being threatened with. It’s not funny to those who are poor and need to supplement their food by growing it. It’s not funny to those of us who wish to maintain the biodiversity of seed. It’s not funny in my opinion, at all.

The petition, for those who care:

http://seedmatters.org/save-seed-sharing-petition/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Thank heavens I'm in Texas, where you can get by with almost anything!
We collect rainwater and share seeds with the housing authority residents and neighbors (and in the case of okra, anyone we can shove some seeds off on). I can just see one of our police officers going into our library and telling them to remove the cardboard box with the seed packets. HA! The librarian would call his mother after frog-marching him out the door!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Seed sharing has been going on for over 50 years at the local church and I just don't see the Gov. going in and telling them to stop. Every year I share seeds with them for the children garden. they share seeds they save with other people to learn to grow their own food.

Ask a Question