Seed saving

Do you save seeds?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have always been interested in hydroponics, but it seems so difficult, expensive and labor intensive. I have not done any major research on it, though, so I could be wrong.
That's a common misconception, it's actually quite easy once you have been through the learning phase and what impact PH and nutrient strength have on your plants... And really it's not that labor intensive than any other garden, you do need to change the nutrient tank once every 2 weeks but that's the hardest thing there is, that only takes 15 mins.

But if you still don't want to do that as I said before Hydroponic nutrients mixed in with water and tipped onto soil also works well, and will increase the health and size of your plants.

Reaction score
Once I get a place where I can have a better set up for hydroponics, I think I will try it. You are going to be my go to guy, okay?

I had a really nice cucumber from the store, the other day, so I saved the seeds. It was the best store bought cucumber I have had in a long time. I rinsed the seeds and patted them dry with a paper towel. Then I put them on a tray to dry. Today the seeds look dry, but not nice looking. They kind of look super thin and dehydrated. Did I do something wrong or are they suppose to look like that. I can post a picture later if needed.

Ask a Question