zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Felt mad :) Ta :)

No, just using the old sniper hole, just hope the Germans don't invade from the north :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
With a roof garden, do you mean a garden on the roof? Really? The other weekend when we were in Vietnam, we some roof gardens from our hotel room. We took shots of those roof gardens. It seems to me that Vietnamese are plant lovers hence their small space on the roof are made into gardens so they can have some plants that they say would give them oxygen. They mostly living on tall buildings.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
:)What a great job Zigs. You really are very creative and passionate, very inspiring. It's really a private little kingdom up there(y) . The yuccas along with the sedum will really work. How would some creeping/hangie down type plants work too flowing off the rooftop?:D

Reaction score
Roof garden :eek: That reminds of Plants Vs. Zombies!

Final-Wave-at-Stage-5-Level-2-plants-vs-zombies-25980505-800-600.jpg

Haha. Just kidding.

That is a really nice project. It's amazing when you find great things hidden under rubble and weeds. It would be great to have one, but my cats are always climbing the roof.

I had the very same thought, lol. As soon as I read the title I couldn't stop thinking about plant vs. zombies ;) Very cool project zigs, I see why you did this where you did it though ;) You found the perfect spot!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what plants Vs Zombies is so i'll get my boy round with his Zombie killing bag before getting back up there :D

Neglected it this year on account of being mad, but will sort it out in the spring :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Plaster took a week or so to dry out but got the fire going the other night :)

DSCN2203.JPG

Canadian Lori suggested some LED lights too :)

DSCN2214.JPG

So warm and bright in there now :)

Thinkin about making a solar heating system too, there's a radiator I might be able to lay my hands on at the job i'm on at the moment (y)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gonna order some more lights :)

Could do with a strip for the caravan too :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Those LED lights look very nice and bright:)
You can buy inexpensive LED lights in IKEA. I went there around two weeks ago and saw a lot of them:)

Ask a Question