Recycling used potting soil

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Thanks :) I might actually try that, not sure if I can take the fruit though, because they always check the bags (they have done that a lot lately). But I guess I can just get the seeds over here, and just take them there, I don't think they will mind that. I'll definitely let you guys know what happens!

I don't see why you couldn't take a piece of fruit on the plane. People take food with them onto flights all the time. I would imagine it would be easier to do that than to take seeds in. Though it's probably a good idea to pack some seed into your luggage as a backup.

Reaction score
@ChanellG I always get nervous when they ask if I am carrying any food by the TSA guys, I've never tried carrying fresh fruits so far, only dry fruit or nuts, but I will ask more about it. I had no problem carrying dry chilies ;) Hehehe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@ChanellG I always get nervous when they ask if I am carrying any food by the TSA guys, I've never tried carrying fresh fruits so far, only dry fruit or nuts, but I will ask more about it. I had no problem carrying dry chilies ;) Hehehe

Well, you can always slice a tomatillo and dry that out. As long as you don't use heat it should be fine. Then if taking something fresh onto the plane becomes a problem at least you will have a back up. I don't see the big deal about taking fresh fruit with you on an airplane though. It's not exactly contraband.

Ask a Question