Rabbits and Squirrels - Help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We have a ton of cats, but the squirrels still manage to move a few bulbs. Our best tom passed away two years ago, he liked to fight owls. He’d win. He had a hatred for them since one tried to carry him off. When we moved here, my step mom had over 30 cats, just cause barn cats kept breeding. Now down to 7 inside cats, one of which is my step sons, and he should take her back next time he visits, two I’m trying to find homes for. Outside, I just found homes for 4, then we have three that will live out their lives here. Old Fluffy, I’m surprised she survived the winter, she’s mom/ grandma/ great grandma to most of these, then Cali and Chewy, our two semi wild cats. They only want food, and on rare occasion, petting. Once all the spare cats are gone, all the girls are getting fixed. Fluffy should be too old, Cali and midnight are steril, so that leaves me with Yuie, our rescue that popped out 5 babies about the time I thought she was old enough/ healthy enough to get fixed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
There should be spayed clubs in your area that can help with the cost of fixing the cats. check around. try the "NO KILL " shelters they should have contacts for you. Or your SPCA . Usually they have selected vets for this. If you have a hard time catching them. then there are cat rescue organizations that can help, are a good for catch and release @JamieB . and good for you to keep the faith and keep them with you all these years. I have had up to 10 at one time. we are down to 4 now. all fixed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I
There should be spayed clubs in your area that can help with the cost of fixing the cats. check around. try the "NO KILL " shelters they should have contacts for you. Or your SPCA . Usually they have selected vets for this. If you have a hard time catching them. then there are cat rescue organizations that can help, are a good for catch and release @JamieB . and good for you to keep the faith and keep them with you all these years. I have had up to 10 at one time. we are down to 4 now. all fixed.

In Raleigh they have wild cats that have been neutered and are free for use as barn cats. When they neuter them they trim one ear so they are easily identifiable. I think that this is preferable to putting these cats down. I have 2 in the barn and have never seen a mouse or rat out there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
When these die off, I’ll adopt some from the shelter, take in some half wild ones. The kind that are hard to rehome. Old Fluffy even catches snakes. She brought in a copperhead one time, to teach her kittens how to catch them. Um no, venomous snakes stay outside, and kittens under 8 weeks need a bit more growing before they start on those. My boss is taking the last of her brood from last year, and two others. Sadly, I think Yuie is pregnant again. After they are weaned, she’s getting fixed! I still have two of her first litter to rehome, very pretty sweet girls that are white with black marks. I figured they’d go quick, but no. Lol, anyone want a cat?

Attachments

• 1E5E8B54-1F1E-42BC-AF65-5E4A64982E54.jpeg
    1E5E8B54-1F1E-42BC-AF65-5E4A64982E54.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 266

Ask a Question