Purple Shamrock

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's probably Oxalis 'Cupido' Claudine. :)

View attachment 9744

View attachment 9745

If it is I suggest you don't plant it outside as it's very invasive and difficult to get rid of. It usually flowers late spring/early summer.
Oxalis 'Cupido' sounds really nice:)
I won't plant it outside. I don't have a garden;) Also, I really want to see this lovely plant every day right after waking up, so I keep it in my bedroom:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I don't know claudine, this holly has been through hell. The majority of the roots were dried out before I got to it so I had to cut the plant back about 90%. There is not much left of it. I put it in a 4 inch pot. Nothing more I can do...I do love the leaves though.
20151114_084504.jpg

Reaction score
I've never seen purple shamrocks before! These are absolutely gorgeous. I have a ton of green shamrocks in the backyard, but they're not nearly as beautiful as these purples.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Java Guy - it sounds like a really strong plant, I bet it will survive:) Its leaves are beautiful!

Ashanti Duggins - I didn't buy my plant, I just took it from my father;) But I think Purple Shamrock may be available online. You could look for it in local nurseries too.

Alexiskilgannon - I've never seen a green shamrock! What does it look like?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It looks like really big clover, I love it! I hope one day I'll have my own garden and I'll be able to plant green shamrock there:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Love your Purple Oxalis, if it hasn't bloomed for you yet you will love the flowers. I grow the purple and the iron cross oxalis.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! My Oxalis bloomed once, but it's still small, so there weren't too many flowers. I loved them though:)
What the iron cross oxalis looks like?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I couldn't find a picture of mine but here a web shot of what they look like, the flowers are white when it blooms.

iron cross.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're so pretty! I think I love all varieties of oxalis. I wish I could grow each one of them in my apartment:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It gets plenty of sun here:) I'm so, so proud of my Purple Shamrock, because it looks much healthier now and it grows really fast:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Caludine, I just found out there is a all green Oxalis and I'm putting it on my must have list, they make a great filler for my tall potted plants,the green is whats known as a shamrock oxalis because of its color.

Ask a Question